Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty Five

Violet's P.O.V.

A women had answered the door. I looked her up and down. She was in a slightly wet men's white button up t-shirt, a black underwear set, and nothing else. Her blonde hair was wet making it pull down to her waist. She had tan skin which was strange considering there was like no sun in London ever. She had thick rimmed black glasses which complimented her green eyes. I looked over at the front lawn seeing that there was a pool and a garden.

"Can I help you?" she asked. She had a british accent which meant that she was from around here. I nodded. I tried to pull all of my confidence together.

"Is Ace Daniels here?" I asked shakier than I wanted it to sound. She rolled her eyes. She was sassy. I was guessing that she was nineteen just like me.

"Babe, a girl is here to see you," she yelled. I felt tears welling up in my eyes but I pushed them back down. I counted the steps that I heard before he came into view. He walked up behind her and kissed her on the cheek before looking over at me. He was wearing a pair of black jeans and nothing else. His hair was wet and that meant that they must have showered together.

The fact that he was cheating on me was slowly sinking in and I was trying really hard not to cry. That made three. I guess that the third time was the charm. The second that his eyes hit mine, they widened and he stepped outside with me.

"What are you doing here?" he asked avoiding the topic of the hour.

"It's my birthday," I said shakily and quietly finally a tear sliding down my cheek against my will.

"Oh," was all he could say. He was avoiding eye contact which was bad because he had always loved my eyes.

"Happy Birthday?" he said in a questioning tone. I looked down for a moment and then back up.

"The best," I responded trying to keep it together. He looked down.

"Is that really the best you can do Ace? Happy Birthday?" I asked, hearing my own voice crack.

"I love you," he said. For the first time in my life, I didn't believe him. I thought back to our past. His tattoo caught my eye and a tear fell from me eyes.

"Liar," I stated simply. He took a breathe.

"It's not a lie princess. I really do love you. I needed someone to fill the void being without you left," he said.

"Yeah, I'm just not really seeing how you think this situation is okay right now. Are you stupid? Or do you just think I'm stupid? What is wrong with you?" I asked. Even I heard the heartbreak in my tone, but anger was overpowering it very quickly.

"I don't know, I don't know baby," he said taking a step forward. I took one back.

"Who was that?" I asked ignoring the words that I fell for so many times before. He opened his mouth to speak, but stopped.