Chapter 2- Old Friends

Chris decided that he should go to his old school, Tech. He believes that he will be able to find someone he knows. So he heads off to the school. He goes down a couple of blocks and sees a man that appears to be drunk wander into the middle of the road. The man started begging for someone to end his life. As he was about to go help the man a zombie started coming towards the man and he had killed it. "Why would he kill the zombie?" Chris said quietly to himself. He then realized it was a trap. Chris decided to just walk away. After about 2 minutes of walking he heard a gun shot. He looked down and wondered why people were like that. When he got to Tech he saw the place overrun by zombies. He walked around the building staying low so they couldn't see him. When he got to the north side of the building he saw a girl jump out and run from the building. He could tell she was hurt, and he wanted to help.

Chris decided to follow her. He stayed at a good distance, but it was hard to keep up because she was fast. He saw her dart into a house and close the curtains. He looked around and saw a zombie coming at him. He was caught by surprise, and he ran towards the house, hoping she would open the door.

Savannah's ankle hurt like hell. She looked around for an ice pack, but couldn't find one. She suddenly heard a bang at the door. She slowly walks up to the door, and put her ear against it and heard "Please let me in." She was afraid, but she opened it anyway. A man stumbled in, and she slammed the door and locked it again. She pointed the pistol at the man and asked "What do you want?"

"I want to help you," he said.

"I don't need any help," she said.

"Wait," he said "Savannah?"

"How do you know my name?" She asked.

"You don't recognize me, do you?

"No, why should I.... wait.... Chris?"

"Ya it's me," he said with a smile.

"O my god I thought you were dead."

"No, I was surviving at my house since the first attack."

"Wow."

"I saw you jump out of that window, are you ok?"

"Actually I think I sprained my ankle."

"Here I have an ice pack." Chris says as he is pulling the ice pack out of his bag, "So how did you survive all these years?"

"I was with my mom and brother at first, then they got bitten, so I was on my own from then on. I still haven't ever killed one, I just don't think that I can."

"Well you can stay with me if you want," he said handing her the ice pack.

"Ill take you up on that offer," she said, "My ankle feels a lot better."

"Good and we should probably stay here because it's getting dark." He said peeking out the window onto the darkening street.

"There is only one bed though," Savannah said.

"You take the bed, I will sleep on the floor in here. We will leave at first light."

"Ok," she agreed and walked into the bedroom and laid down in the bed. She actually smiled it was the first time in years.