Chapter Two

Chapter two: Meeting the Candidates

A.L.E.S.S.A.N.D.R.A

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I hadn't really been able to realize what situation I was in until right then. The burly guard marched down the stone steps, with four small, boys in tow.

"Time to go, Silver" he snapped unlocking the cage.

I took small, slow steps towards the man, he grabbed my wrists and instead of shackling them, ordering the two boys to grab hold of my hands, and lead me behind him.

"You know kid, you're lucky the queens as nice of a lady as she is." he said, as we were walking, "We were originally just going to introduce you in the first battle round, but she's goona spruce you up. make you look all pretty, you're going to be in the introduction round now," he said. At that my eyes widened, why would she do such a thing?

I didn't say anything, keeping my silence strong.

He lead me up the stairs and through a door way, facing the door was a door into the palace, I was expecting him to turn left and walk down the alley way and take me to where I'd be sleeping, but he opened the palace doors with a finger print scan, ID card and finally a large silver key. Lots of security for a back door nobody knows about I observed.

I was dragged inside, and through the twisting halls, walking far too fast for me to remember my way around; and finally we stopped at a large door, the guard knocked on it and waited for the faint "come in," before opening it the slightest and exchanging quiet words with whoever was inside; they came to an agreement before he opened it fully, stepped out of the way and having the boys shove me inside before slamming the door.

I fell to my knees, from being pushed so suddenly, and just sat there; After what felt like hours, I finally collected myself enough (and by that I mean the silver colour left my cheeks from blushing) to stand and look at the woman in the room.

She was beautiful, with short blonde hair, and large warm brown eyes. She had an angular face, which should have given her an intimidating face, but it didn't; she had a warm smile that faded as she looked me up and down a bit.

I straightened my back, instantly wanting to impress the beautiful queen in front of me. I watched her smile reappear at that, she stood suddenly and strode over to me, using big, confident strides.

"No, no, no this wont do," she mumbled to herself "JENESSA" She called over her shoulder, and waited for a young girl, of silver blood to walk in.

I knew her. She and I went to school together, she had been a year or two older; but she was far too young to be a servant. She froze when she saw me, the question on her lips not able to come free.

"Grab the colour swatches, we have to rethink this entire thing!" the queen said giggling giddily, of course, she must love to play "dress up."

Janessa nodded quickly, scurrying off to an attached room, coming back in seconds holding a vey large, thick booklet filled with little square colours.

The queen grinned at her grabbing the book and dismissing her quietly.

"Now, strip," she said to me, my eyes widened at her "to your underwear" she said when I didn't move fast enough.

Slowly I lifted the shirt above my head, then kick the pants off, leaving myself there in the bra and underwear.

The queen only opened the booklet flipping through the endless colours mumbling about some and just making faces at others.

"This green could accent the green in your eyes," she mumbled to herself, "but this turquoise could accent some blue as well!" she squealed happily.