Chapter 1

~Gabriel's POV~

I was out on a late night wolf run after my father told me I'd have to choose a mate if I didn't find her in the next week if I wanted to become Alpha. I knew who he wanted me to choose. Heather. She's the beta's daughter, naturally strong, she'd make a great Luna, if we weren't best friends and if she was straight. Her parents and the pack don't know that she bats for the other team, actually I'm the only person who does know.

The only thing was, I didn't want to choose. I'd wait a century for my mate. And I know she'll come. Someday. And if I choose someone else and she comes along it would break my heart.

At that moment, I smell the most wonderful scent that my nose had ever come in contact with. It smelled like peaches. I love peaches.

I followed the scent to a human hiking trail just outside of town. I was cautious about going out onto human trails (for obvious reasons). Nevertheless, I followed the scent onto the path regardless.

As I trotted out onto the trail I saw a mountain lion attacking the girl the peach scent was radiating off of. I growled menacingly hoping the cat would back off. It didn't so I pounced on it and snapped its neck. Easy kill.

I then shifted my attention to the girl with her eyes tightly shut. I shifted back into my human form as she peeked opened her eyes.

Mate! Mate! Mate! My wolf was yelling into my head.

She gasped.

"Are you alright?" I asked, staring at her.

I saw her eyes roll back and she started to tilt backwards. I tried to catch her but tripped and fell beside her.

I am such an idiot. I thought to myself.

I picked myself off the ground and stopped to stare at her for a moment, admiring my mate. Her long blonde hair sprawled across the ground and her delicate features shining in the moonlight.

How ironic is it that I met her tonight?

I pick her up and decide to take her to the pack house, which isn't too far of a run for me.

I dodge through the trees quickly, trying to keep my mate's head from hitting anything. Her head hits a small tree; I wince and slow down a bit.

When we arrive at the pack house, I enter through the backdoor and quickly find my way into my bedroom.

I place my mate on the bed and cover her up. She instantly snuggles into the blanket and a small smile appears on her face.

I grab a pair of shorts, a blanket and a pillow and lie down next to her on the floor; quickly falling into a deep slumber to the sound of her small snores.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So here I am! Updating! Yay! Ok so these updates are going to be super irregular.

-Blondie