This Night Has Memories

Intro

Allissa’s P.O.V

And… boom I’m out of foster care. After 13 years of being tossed around by families all over the world, I’m free from every bad foster parent I’ve ever had.

I thought my life couldn’t get any worse after my mother died. Turns out I was wrong. In fact it only got worse from there. I thought my life was pointless, the only glimmer of hope I had was far away, turning 18. I thought I’d never get there.

Well look at me now. Here I am, 18 with no money, no house and no one to turn to. What do I do now? The only logical thing, go walk in the forest and try to figure out my life.

You’re probably thinking that I’m an idiot, like who goes walking in the forest in the middle of the night? I do. It’s my thing.

I ran as fast as my short little legs could go. Away from the ratcheted home of Mr. and Mrs. Grey, my home for the past few months and the last bad home I’ll ever stay in.

Once I couldn’t run anymore and my lungs ached from the lack of oxygen, I slowed to a walking pace. By then I was deep within the forest surrounded by trees and forest life.

I heard every sound, from the crickets to the trickling of the stream that runs through these woods to the low growling sound that I thought nothing of at the time.

 I sure thought about it when a mountain lion jumped out in the trail in front of me. My thoughts scrambled with different techniques that I taught myself just in case this were to happen but I couldn’t concentrate enough.

I screamed in hopes that someone would hear me even though I was certain no one was stupid enough to be in the woods in the middle of the night. Except me of course.

The lion started walking towards me and I tried to take a step back but I couldn’t move. As the lion started to get closer in started to panic more. I heard a slight rustling in the bushes to my left. I watched as a pure black wolf jumped out from behind the foliage just as the lion pounced at me but was blocked by the wolf.

I closed my grey eyes not wanting to see what was about to happen but I couldn’t tune out the growls and snarls coming from the fighting duo. The noises persisted until a cry that was muffled by the gurgling of blood reverberated across the forest. And then it was silent.

I dared to peak my eyes open just in time to see the black wolf morph into a gorgeously sculpted man with striking green eyes, naked standing in front of me glory and all. I gasped and the man turned to look at me.

“Are you alright?” He asked staring intentitively at me.

And then it was all just too much for me to handle. I let the darkness consume me as I hit the ground with a thud. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ OK so if anybody could make me a cover for this story that would be great