Chapter 1

Tonight is my big night, the night I officially graduate and become a productive member of the community. I had my dress already picked out since the beginning of the term, it was a black dress with glittery Paige neckline and black heels with a matching bracelet and pair of earrings, once I laid an eye on it, I know I had to have it for tonight.

I woke up early, at 5.00 to start getting ready. I know it is going to be a busy day for me, I went to the bathroom and took my time with the shower I had. I always believed that the long showers help relax the tightened muscles, let me tell you, it was very soothing!

Juliana texted me that she wanted me to do last minute shopping with her, I replied that I will go at 7.00 am, I went to my wardrobe and picked jeans hot shorts with a white tank top and got downstairs to see my mum was already up making breakfast. I swear, my mum is the most amazing person I have ever seen. It was as if she read my mind when I didn't say anything, whether when I was a kid or once I am all grown up now.

"Good morning mum," I said as I kissed her right cheek and she smiled saying: "Good morning honey, how do you feel about tonight?"." I couldn't be more excited for tonight" I said as I jumped out of enthusiasm

"I am glad that you are happy, Now go wake everyone up," she said as she put the plate of pancakes on the tables with the forks and the syrup ready on the side. She was the source of energy and optimism in the house, and I valued her presence in such a great event in my life very much.

I skipped my way upstairs, knocking the others' doors., Dad woke up groaning that he didn't want to go to work and went to the bathroom. Megan, my younger sister, didn't wanna leave her bed so I had to drag her out of the bed with all the sheets around the floor into the restroom. Soon, everyone was here and we were having breakfast. The silence was filling the air when dad said:" I have to go now, goodbye every one" as he left the kitchen running to the front door.

"Mum, Jul asked me if I could go shopping with her, Is that okay?" I asked mum as I ate the last bite of my breakfast into my mouth and placed my plate in the sink after washing my hands." Ok I will drive you to her house" she said as she got up and did the dishes with Megan still eating, she is a foodie and when she has free food, she will be thrilled

"Mum, I will go for my morning jog.  Does anyone need anything for me to bring on my way?" Megan said as she stood tall from her seat and she was already wearing her sports outfit. Mum and I both nodded nope, Mum told me that she would let me slip out of doing house chores today. I checked my phone and the time was 6.10, I went to see if I was looking ok, I applied some mascara and nude lipstick and tied my hair in a high ponytail, wore red converse and went to the living room.

Mum's car horn was my cue to go outside, I am happy that my mum still drives me to school, I feel out connection is getting stronger and stronger as the days pass by. On the way to her house, mum made a stop at Starbucks to get Coffee and I wanted some latte, Mum and I both sipped our drinks with the quiet music playing on. I checked the time and it was 6.30, the rest of the drive was different than the start of it, I opened the convertible and some good jams were playing 

I let my head out of the convertible and let my hair loose, as they say, I lived the moment while I can, Mum laughed at my action and turned up the volume, I started swaying my head like a crazy rocker in a band

"We are here, " she said as she pocked my side and turned off the station, mum locked the car and I followed her to the doorstep of Juliana's house. We knocked on the door and waited for an answer, Seconds passed and the door opened.