I

Chapter 1: Modern Day Bonnie Parker

"And that's all you saw?" The police officer finished asking questions. "I'm telling the truth." Bates Mascars, town golden boy pleaded. The officer sighed and closed his note pad. "Okay. Well, well let you know if we find your girlfriend Mr.Masters."

Bates sighed and ran a hand though his brown hair. His girlfriend, Angelica, or Angel as everyone called her, had disappeared two days ago. They were kidding around about going into the old murder house down on sixth street when she actually decided she was going to go. He tried to convince her that it was stupid but she wasn't having it.

She had run in there and not a second later, her screams could be heard. He thought she was playing a joke on him so Bates payed no mind to it. But then he heard her scream again. She would have given up the second he didn't come running. "Angel?" He had called out for her.

He walked up to the door, murmuring obscenities. But as he reached the crooked wood that had been darkened with age, he only saw one thing, Angel's golden Purity ring.

He pushed open the black door and was greeted by darkness. He stumbled aimlessly in the dark until his hand touched something on a nearby wall. It was slightly warm, some kind of liquid. He took out his phone and shined his flashlight on the liquid. When the beam of the light met the strange serum, Bates nearly yelled in fright. Blood.

He screamed and ran out of the house, hyperventilating as he did so. Immediately, he dialed 911 and told them everything. They said they would look into it but Bates didn't feel sincere with that.

He had made up his mind. He had to know who this murderer or kidnapper or whoever was. He had to figure it out, on his own. But he would need the help of someone else. Someone crazy. Someone who knows how a murderer thinks. Someone that didn't have anything to lose. Only one person in town had all that, and though he dreaded it, Bates knew he had to visit her.

He had to visit Crimson Matthews.

●●●

"But like, he's probably crazier than Alec but like you have to admit, Braden is pretty hot." Leela rambled. Crimson laughed. "Yeah, but can he handle us. It's been me and you for two years, Leela. No one has been able to handle our level of psycho for a long time, Braden's no different."

"That's why you're my ride or die." Leela smiled. She was 22 still wearing pigtails but that didn't bother Crimson, the 19 year old "psycho." Crimson leaned against the black, metal, 10 feet tall railings. "Well, you're my ride or die." She smiled at her platinum blonde friend.

The psycho flicked her feet out in front of her. People passing shot weary looks at the duo. Everyone knew they were a team and that scared them. Two of the most psychotic people in the whole place, working together. It was a frightening thought. Leela banged her head against the wall. "God, we are such main characters."

"What kind of crazy BS are the voices saying now?" Crimson flicked lint off her pant-leg. "No. I mean look at us. Two psychos trapped in this nut house. We are so much more than this. They thought we were insane before, we need to show them what insanity is."

"Yeah because the girl who hears dead people and her best friend who makes them, isn't insane enough." Crimson probed her friend. "No. It isn't. And besides the whole crazy thing, we are two pretty girls that are like best friends, who were both wrongfully locked up. If that doesn't scream novel material, I don't know what does."

"I don't know. Did the dead people get creative this time." Crimson teased, making Leela hit her arm. "I bet one of your old friends is going to come visit you." Leela said randomly as she relaxed against the railing. "Yes, Leela and I'm batman."