Chapter 1 - First day, new beginnings

Brooke's P.O.V

I woke up to the screeching sound surrounding my room. I turned over, hitting my alarm clock until it fell off my bedside table and the sound drowned out. (Some may think it's a bit too much, but when it's a Monday morning and your first day back to college you realize where I'm coming from)

"Brooke, you up?" I heard my mum call from downstairs.

"Yeah, I'll be down soon" I lied. My first day back to college, starting my second and last year there. I sighed in relief as I got ready to have a shower, I knew I would take at least half an hour.

I had a nice shower, letting the hot water calm my nerves. I don't know what it is about going back to college that makes me so nervous, maybe it's just the thought of having to see all the peasants walking around acting like everyone loves them.

My clothes were still hung up in the closet so now I had the hardest decision of choosing what to wear. I'm not the type of girl to wear skin tight shorts that finish half way up your ass and a top that's so small that you might as well not even wear. No, I'm also not the type of girl to wear the typical "Teacher's Pet" outfit, with a smart pencil skirt and a blouse that normal students don't even think about wearing. I'm what you call an average student. Skinny jeans, a tank top and a hoodie will suit me perfectly. With that thought in mind I quickly picked out a pair of light blue skinny jeans, a Ramones tank top and a pair of Acid Washed blue Vans. I quickly shoved my hair up in a high ponytail, not bothering to make that much of a good impression. I applied a light amount of mascara on my eyelashes and looked at the clock. CRAP! 7:35 am, I leave at 7:40!

I ran down the stairs saying my goodbye's to my family and grabbed a piece of toast from the counter. I placed the toast in my mouth, just biting onto the side to make sure the toast wouldn't fall on the ground. I put my back-pack on my back, using one strap then ran out the house making record time! I looked at my phone, 7:39 am. That gave me time to take a slow walk to the bus stop. Pushing my phone into my pocket in my jeans, I started to eat my breakfast.

As I approached the bus stop I saw the person I was dreading to see; Harry Styles. I wouldn't call him my mate but he wasn't my bully, he just wasn't the nicest of people towards me.

"What's up short ass?!" I heard his low voice directing his words towards me. Yes, I was quite short compared to him but that's nothing unusual. I was only about 7 inches shorter than him. I hummed in response, showing him that I had heard him but I tried to walk away and stand in my usual spot waiting for the bus. But nooooo he had other plans. He grabbed my bag pulling me back to face him. His green eyes shimmering in the sunlight. He had the typical bad, hot look. With black skinny jeans, black Ramones top and a black leather jacket.

"Looks like we're matching today" he winked, pointing to both of our tops. I groaned, note to self: never wear my Ramones top to college again.

"Nawh don't be like that, we look cute together" he joked. Harry is used to getting every girl he wants, he has been with most girls from my school. I wasn't like that, I refused him at every offer I got. I pulled out of his grip and carried on to my spot and patiently waited for the bus to arrive. This was going to be a long day.

Finally, when my bus arrived I went to my usual space and sat down pushing my headphones in my ears. I sit right on the back row; none of my friends get on this bus so I don't see the point in sitting further up the bus saving a seat for a random person. As usual Harry sat on the other end of this row of seats and looked out the window. We were the first stop and it was only him and I that got on at this stop so we had to wait patiently until we arrived at our wonderful college that everyone loved (note the sarcasm).