Part 1-Louis

Louis

The chair was cold and stiff. It creaked when you rocked back and forth, but not like a loud creak, more like a high pitched squeal. Louis wondered what it would sound like if he scooted his chair in, what sound it would make.

The walls looked disgusting. Mold was plastered all over it, the patches of it looked like if you just dipped a brush into a can of green paint and flung it against the wall. If Louis touched it, he bet a piece of lint and gum-it was all he had in his pocket-that it would be wet and squish under his fingertips.

Halfway through inventory of the table-it was sort of a mixture between a dark gray and and light brown- a man walked in. A crisp gray suit, perfectly tailored and ironed to perfection, it hugged the mans body as if he was in a tight squeeze. But the way the man walked, without any stiff or confined movement at all, Louis could tell he could breathe all right. A security badge was slung around his neck, his shirt was a light blue. Louis eyes traveled down, down, till they reaches the gun strapped to his hip. His eyes widened and froze.

"Louis, please pay attention," the man-his name tag said G. McKinley-barked. Louis flinched, G. McKinley's voice was rough and cracky, it hurt his ears. When he looked up, his eyes were met with one of the most strangest he has ever seen. A mixture of brown and glimmers of gold, like a gold bar that had been scattered with bits of rust. G. McKinley cleared his throat. Right, he has to talk. Louis tried to make a respectable sentence, worthy of a good impression. Louis wanted to make a good impression. He always does. But sometimes things come out before he could stop them. His Great-Aunt with a limp:"You walk funny, is that how all old ladies walk?" His buddie Stan's sister with a bad hair day:"Jesus Christ, did someone molest your hair with hair spray, cause DAMN."

This time it was:"Did you get a massage before you came in here, because I swear, I thought all military men were supposed to be super stiff walkers. Are you a military man, because if you aren't, your mom must have hated you. Who in their God rights name names their child G. McKinley?" He had said to much. Their goes all hopes and dreams of making a good impression for once. He looked down, ashamed.

Louis waited, he waited for something to happen. A slap across the check, to be cussed out anything. Nothing was happening. He looked up. G. McKinley was smiling, well the corners of his mouth were turned up a little bit. Louis thought, maybe that's as close to a smile as I'll ever see.

"Louis, I respect your straightforwardness,"G. McKinley began. His voice was softer now, kinder. "Usually people are so reserved around me because of the military status." Louis released a held in breathe. "Yes Louis, you can breathe now, I am in the Military. Though I don't want you to take that compliment to seriously, I mostly blame that impulse on your, let's just call it your "advancement". You see it's one of the side effects, if you will. The impulse comes from deep within your brain. Usually people think about what they're going to say first, but not you. You say things without hesitation, which comes in healthy for good comebacks. Though could also make you end up with a bloody nose. The ADHD comes with it too. Aware about everything that surrounds you, taking in every detail, is critical. I can sense you have questions, and lots of them." Louis nodded. It was the only thing he was capable of doing at the moment.

"Well of course you do. Though I never believed I introduced myself. My name is General McKinley. I am the founder of this program, which you will soon be familiar with as the "Savior" Program. And you Louis, are superhuman."