Chapter 3: Mating Season

Hey hey!!! I'M STARTING TO GET READERS!!! Im extremely excited. It may not be  many at all but those who are reading, I love you and please continue!

Ps. The alpha is the pictures above.

..............................................................

Micah's POV:

"Aye! Miss! I didn't order this! I ordered the chicken strips, not the chicken sandwich!" the man snorted as he shoved his plate at me.

"Okay, I'm so sorry about that, let me get you what you ordered." I took the plate even though he had already eaten half the sandwich. I told the cook to fry some more chicken strips, giving him a pleading face. Glaring at me, he obliged handing me a plate of chicken strips and french fries. Walking out of the kitchen, I grabbed the man a complimentary beer, hoping it would gain me a tip at the end of his order.

Working at the diner wasn't that bad, it was just all the beer bellied alcoholics that came in here at the crack of dawn. Seeing as though it was now 4:45am, I knew I only had about 2 hours and 45 minutes to go until Alex and my shifts' were over and we could sleep for the rest of our Saturday. No classes... Whooo hoo!!

Walking up to the man I stated, "I am truly sorry about that Bill, as one of our regulars, you would think I know your order by now... so I grabbed you a beer from our private stock, hoping to gain your forgiveness. And don't worry, the beer is on me!" There was a trail of sarcasm in my voice that I hoped didn't come off as potent as I secretly intended. Truth be told, I did know his order by heart, and it was a chicken sandwich, but it didn't bug me. I mean Alex loves to drill it into my head that the customer is always right.

Walking back behind the counter I heard the bell to the front door ring, indicating someone came in. Confused because it was so early and we were usually dead, and all our early bird regulars, well regular was here, I turned to see who it could possibly be coming in at this hour.

Gorgeous... that's who. His brown hair seemingly perfect on top of his head and his tall built structure had me dazed. I couldn't help but stare at him walk across the diner and into a booth seat by himself. He hadn't even looked my way yet but I knew he'd be handsome. Pulled from my thoughts, Dan, the busboy almost ran into me, "whoa... watch out!"

"Sorry, need any help?" I asked. He shook his head and scurried into the kitchen to wash the dishes he had collected. Turning back from Dan, my eyes caught the stare of the man... had he been watching me since he sat down? I blushed to myself. I knew I needed to go over and take his order, but I couldn't help being glued to my spot due to staring into his amazing hazel brown eyes. They held so much power in them, and so much emotion. It was as though I could feel what he was feeling.

I drug myself across the diner, forcing myself to stop gazing. I stared at the floor and questioned, "H-hi my name is Micah, and may I take your order?" I could tell he still had his eyes observing me; it was as though he couldn't figure me out.

"Well I'm not quite that hungry... but I'm in the mood for a milkshake. What's your favorite?" His voice was so alluring, and enticing, it made me want to drown in it.

"Well I personally am a fan of the cookies and cream, but we do have a selection of different..." I was cut short by him, "That sounds great, I'll take two." I looked at him quite funny, finally pulling my gaze back up to his eyes. "Well I'll go get two cookies and cream milkshakes for your very thirsty self."

"Oh, no the other milkshake isn't for me..." I felt myself getting quite sad at the thought of him meeting someone when he stated, "It's for you, and by the way, my name is Jack, Jack Ryan."

Jack's POV:

She gave me a funny look when I ordered two milkshakes; she looked quite disappointed until I told her the other was for her. Could she be sad at the thought of me being with someone else? Could she feel the same attraction and connection to me that I felt from just looking at her?

"Well Mr. Jack Ryan, I would love to come and talk to you and drink a milkshake but I am on duty. I must attend to all the customers, not just one." She gave me a knowing look trying to politely refuse an offer from a stranger, but I knew what she was to me and I was not giving up that easy.

"Well Miss. Micah...?" giving her a questioning look, she replied, "Micah Ray Jackson."

"Well Miss. Micah Ray Jackson, you cannot refuse my offer because there is only two customer's in here, and 'I' being one of them, there is not much of an excuse for you. And seeing as though your manager has just rung up the other, it looks like it is just you and me." I stated of matter of fact-ly.

"And what if my manager comes over and gets mad?" she looked at me quizzingly.

"Well, to me it looks like your 'manager' is the same age as you, and from her giddy appearance, and laid back looking style, I'm thinking you two are friends and she will see you talking to me and see there is no customers and be perfectly fine with it. And to be completely truthful, I already know she will be fine with it because of her agape mouth right now staring at us and her trying to get your attention with her two thumbs up." Micah stared at me then shot her head towards her manager realizing I was right, she looked back at me and proceeded to say, "You got one thing wrong."

"And what is that...?" I questioned. Her reply made me laugh, "She's my best friend, not just my friend."

This gorgeous girl walked away, I guessed to put in the order of two milkshakes, and came walking back. Her sitting across from me made my heart beat fast, I could tell what she was, but I couldn't figure out why she didn't know what she was. My curiosity continued to build.

Sitting in front of me had me gaping at her beauty, her long blonde hair fell perfectly and gorgeous hazel blue eyes had me wondering how many colors they truly held. Her lips were perfect; looking her up and down, taking it all in had me realize something. Her right shoulder and collar bone had something small but noticeable on it, making me realize why she didn't seem to know what she was, and it was because she wasn't fully what she was yet. But it couldn't be true, the moon legend, could it? Her birthmark was distinctly of a moon, right there below her collar bone. And my inner wolf was going crazy, almost into a friendzy. Knowing exactly who she was, I couldn't blow this; she probably didn't even know who I was to her yet.

She looked at me questioning and I had realized after she sat down that I had been staring at her for probably 5 minutes... "uhm, sorry. You're just so..."

She squirmed in her seat insecurely, "so what?"

"So beautiful." I stated, hopefully pulling her away from her insecurities. I never wanted her to feel insecure, and I didn't know quite how she could be, considering her beauty. I wanted to tell her just how gorgeous she was for the rest of my life.

"oh... uhm, thank you." She stared down into her lap as though she was nervous, breaking our eye contact. I internally begged for her to look back up, so I could look back into her amazing eyes.

I knew she would by my world from the moment she looked back up at me. I knew she would one day be mine. I knew who she was.

She was my mate.
And would one day be my Luna.

..............................................................

Oh by the way, the guy who I envisioned as the alpha, Jack Ryan is a model known as Matthew Noszka! He's gorgeous.