Part 1

Part 1:

Management can be a pain sometimes. It doesn't make sense how they try to control not only our work life but also our personal life. It's not up to them to tell us who to date. But what can I do? All I am to them is a client who makes them a lot of money.

I paced around the hotel room. The lads were looking at me with worry etched upon their faces. Throughout our career, they're the best thing to come out of it. I had a new family who cares for me as much as my own.

"Niall," Liam began. "Can you please tell us what exactly they said?"

I stopped abruptly in front of him. The sincerity in his eyes was as clear as day. In fact, in all of theirs.

"Exactly what they said? Okay. "Niall, how are you son? We're just calling to say congratulations. You are no longer single and have the burden of finding someone. Meet us tomorrow at the conference room and you'll see how wonderful she is." I couldn't even utter a word before they hung up." To say I was mad would be an understatement. I was furious that they did the one thing I told them not to.

I don't understand how them getting me a fake girlfriend will help us. We're already well enough as it is. Sometimes I think that they actually want what's best for us but then they pull a stunt like this.

"Well, I think we should just head down there tomorrow morning and see how they think this will play out," said Zayn. "For now, just go get a good night's rest. Looks like you need it."

"I'm not tired," I replied. He gave me a stern look as if daring me to argue with him. "Fine."

I stomped off to my room. Making sure to lock the door behind me. I didn't want the lads to come check on me later on like how they would every time I get in a bad mood. Alone. That's what I wanted to be left for now.

I turned the TV on, flipping through the channels and not staying more than five seconds on each. There was nothing to watch and I wasn't tired. The night still had a long way to go before dawn and I needed to kill time.

Knowing that I can always count on my laptop, I grabbed it from the bedside table and let it start up. As soon as the home screen came on, I opened a web browser. Twitter was the first site I opened. My newsfeed was overflowed with tweets from fans I follow. I replied to a few of them and followed some more. Might as well make their day even if mine's isn't so bright. Miraculously, I fell asleep an hour later after watching YouTube videos.

As the sun shone through the curtains, I had no choice but to get up. I guess I forgot to close them last night. But what's done is done. It's not like I'll fall asleep again. I took a quick shower and changed into a pair of khaki shorts and polo. The weather was still warm so I might as well make the most of it.

The complex was filled with the scent of freshly baked pancakes. I didn't realize how hungry I was only until my stomach began to growl. I followed the scent to the kitchen where my smelling senses were proven right. Harry stood in front of the oven flipping pancakes. There was already a huge stack piled on a plate.

"Morning," said Harry as he put another pancake on the plate.

"Morning," I answered back taking a seat at the table.

Harry brought a plateful of pancakes in front of me. "Help yourself."

I nodded my head in thanks and did as he told. The pancakes were like heaven, if heaven is sweet. They melted on my tongue, giving me a sense of ecstasy. For a minute, I forgot I had to meet Modest! I was no longer as hungry and pushed my half eaten breakfast away from me. Harry looked at me, confused as to why I didn't finish.

"They're amazing," I said, not wanting him to feel bad. "I just lost my appetite." He nodded his head in understanding.

The rest of the lads soon woke up and ate breakfast. Immediately after they finished, we headed down to where we were to meet Modest! Silence filled as we made our way. None of us had the courage to say anything. What can we say? That everything is going to be okay when for sure it's not? Everyone knew how important it was for me to find myself a girlfriend. And it still is.

The door was right in front of us. The door that would present me to my "girlfriend." We all hesitated before opening. We were stalling time because none of us wanted to go through and have it become a reality. But we knew we couldn't stay out there forever. I took a deep breath, calming my racing heart and nerves. I swung the door open to reveal all of Modest! sitting around a table. But there was a new face. A face I could only presume to be my "girlfriend."

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

So I finally updated this. It's been quite some time. Let me know what you think of this chapter down in the comments.