Mon mari

Margot's pov

A couple weeks later and Friday had strolled around, I readied myself for my usual routine and shut my apartment door before making my way to the café, for the first time ever dreading my possible encounter there. The cold weather propelled my body to the corner of the sidewalk, I crossed the familiar street, passing the miniature park and making my way up the steps of the café.

I took the handle in my grasp and the little bell above me shook, I mimicked its action. The air was dense, I stepped through the familiar faces in the café but never greeted anyone on the way. The day was colorless, I took my seat at the old table next to the window and peered out onto the humid soil. Last spring there had been roses of every shade available to the mind's eye, but now it was sheer snow that volumed its place.

I had avoided my visits to the café after seeing him here, only limiting myself to a handful of days a week instead of everyday, like before. This place had become quite unsettling after his presence but I fought back the fear and managed to still abide to my routine.

I would not let him shake me from this place.

The bell above the door shook, once again. My gaze darted up his direction as he started my way. I stood, planting the soles of my feet onto the tile floor and made my way out of the café before he took me by the arm and pulled me back. His eyes were desperate and he stuttered

"Can we talk?" He asked as he stopped me, his touch startled me. I felt a hint of electricity travel through my spine.

"Let me go." I spat before pulling away from him, my arm broke from his strong grasp and his eyes read hurt. I had caused a scene and faces began turning our way. I darted out of the café and onto the windy street. I heard steps behind me.

"Just spare me a minute?" he rushed toward me, his voice breaking.

"What could you so desperately want to say that you didn't long ago?" I cried out before his facial expression lightened.

"So you do remember me"

Jongin's pov

She flinched away from my touch, her body turned to the side and she was suddenly so small.

"Jung Margot? Isn't that your name?" I asked before she had the chance to walk away. She stopped in her footsteps and glared at me.

"You're crazy." her voice no more than a whisper before turning away again and pacing down the sidewalk.

"Don't you say you don't remember who I am, Margot." I walked beside her, her face never reaching mine.

"Leave me alone." She only looked down.

"I can't" I retorted and she gaped at me, taken back by my words she was about to speak when she caught someone calling behind her.

"Kai, leave it." she spoke and butterflies erupted inside me as my name rolled off her tongue.

The door to an apartment opened and out came a man, smiling. He wore a dress suit and tie.

"Hey honey"

He greeted Margot before kissing her on the cheek and wrapping an arm around her waist. The blood in my veins boiled as she stared back at me. Margot looked down, avoiding my gaze.

"Jongin, this is my husband. Park Juseok"