CHAPTER 1

A/N: I don't make any money off writing this story as all cannon elements belong to Hiro Mashima. The longer version is housed on Fanfiction net at the moment, since I have noticed that most people on here prefer very short chapters. The POV is from a very drunk Lucy's perspective and does not necessarily reflect my own views, or even hers when she's sober. This is a story that explores the dysfunction of Fairy Tail members so is not for everyone.

CHAPTER 1

Nobody at the guild thought anything of Mirajane and Cana choosing to move in together once Elfman began to pursue Evergreen in earnest. Mira's claim that Elfman would need their original home if he and Evergreen got married was taken for granted. The fact that Lisanna took over Cana's lease at Fairy Hills, on the grounds that she did not want to be a bother to the couple, also seemed reasonable to everyone. If only the Guild knew the real reason that Mira and Cana had gotten an apartment together! It was Lucy's humble opinion that Macao and most of the perverts would bleed to death through their noses had they been aware that Mirajane Strauss and Cana Alberona were a settled couple in their own right.

Living together saved on hotel fees, and the couple could spend more intimate time together every day. Plus, the two women were adamant that they wanted to keep their private relationship, and quirkier sexuality to a select few individuals, like Lucy. However, Lucy's intention of breaking off things with the two women involved in their bizarre, and for Lucy at least, uncomfortable lesbian triangle relationship, was derailed by the newest shock dumped into her lap.

Then again, to Lucy's way of thinking, her life was overloaded with craziness dumped into her lap from all directions by multiple friends. All her closest friends redefined crazy it seemed to Lucy as she found her mind shying from the smirking pair's proposal. Much as Lucy hated to admit it, she had serious issues with most of her friends, some far bigger than the messy business Mira and Cana had proposed. Natsu, and Erza threw far bigger headaches Lucy's way on a daily basis, but the principles remained the same when Lucy thought about the root of her ongoing misery.

Saying no to the people that Lucy was close to was next to impossible for her, and that was the root of all her miniature crisis moments. Despite being one of the most pig headed, stubborn, and proud people she knew, Lucy detested hurting her friends feelings. Any time Lucy said no, her resolve collapsed whenever a loved one pouted, or got truly upset over getting told off. Lucy was terrified of disappointing the people she cared about because she feared they would abandon her like her father had during her childhood. Knowing it was unhealthy to continue with the vicious cycles never stopped Lucy from giving in to prevent her heart family from abandoning her. Not wanting to see her friends and adopted family angry enough to ignore her meant Lucy continued to get herself into sticky and painful situations like her current mess. All it took was a friend saying they cared about her, and Lucy found herself determined to make them happy, even at her own expense, as was the case with being Cana and Mirajane's secret girlfriend.

Some of the current situation stemmed from sorrow and guilt over what Lucy had learned about the two women. When she considered Mira's baby fetish being linked to the heartbreaking awareness that Mira was sterile because of her magic, Lucy understood the woman's desire to see children roaming around the guild hall. Wanting to love and cherish children was Mira's unattainable dream. In Cana's case, her insane alcoholism was linked to chronic depression and an attempt to keep a lifetime of emotional pain at bay.

Because Mira had the ability to share her emotions in certain situations, Lucy felt how attached Mira was to her so could not say no to their secret three way romance. Lucy knew she was not really a lesbian. In fact, the main reason Lucy had continued with these trysts for so long was because she was addicted to the emotions Mira broadcast during their romps. It was the heady emotions of love and adoration that Mira transmitted that tugged at Lucy's heart strings, and made all her doubts vanish during the moment. It was not well known that Mira had mild empathic abilities since Mirajane seemed incapable of sharing emotions outside of sexual interactions. The feelings of being loved and cherished was too addictive for Lucy to relinquish so she stuffed her ongoing guilt and self disgust and stayed with the couple.