Chapter 1 Homeless

Chapter 1

Sarah’s P.O.V 

My hand clenched Liam’s. Today was the day I’d see the girls again, in person. We’ve all been busy. So much stuff has happen in the past 5 years. Sure, we’d occasionally meet up every once and awhile, but today would be the day we publicize our stories. Sure, I’ve shared mine dozens of times, but hardly ever starting with the kidnapping. Today’s interview was going to be long, but totally worth it.

“Sarah, we’re ready for you,” A man in black said, gesturing for me to leave. I stood up tall, brushed the sweat from my hands onto the bottom of my jeans and headed out. What can I say? I was nervous to share my whole story for the first time. As I walked out my eyes scanned the crowd. So many people! I never thought it was possible to have so many people in one room! And I’ve been to the most populated locations! I flashed everyone a nervous smile before sitting besides the host.

“Hi Sarah!” The host said, smiling widely.

“H-h-hello,” I stuttered. I cleared my voice. “Sorry. I’m a bit nervous.”

“It’s alright!” The host replied.

“Huge crowd you have here,” I stated, facing the audience.

“Amazing isn’t it!?” The host remarked, causing the crowd to cheer, I couldn’t help but cheer with them. Once we were all settled, the host asked me in all seriousness “Where did it all began?"

“Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seatbelts. You're in for one hell of a ride,” I said, laughing at my joke before clearing my voice.

Let me start off with our goodbyes.

Vegas weather. Gotta love it. It’s either extremely hot, or freezing, meaning  half of the year, it’s perfect for swimming, which is exactly what we're all going. Okay, not all of us. Danielle is still in the hospital, Harry’s there at her bedside and has been nonstop since she woke up.

Kristen and Zayn are more than likely in a hotel room making babies. Which leaves, me, Lexi, Niall, Cassie, Liam and Louis together in my backyard playing around in my pool. I know I should probably finish packing my stuff considering I’m being shipped off to India tonight in about 4 hours, but a day with my friends sounds more appealing than packing.

My arm wound was healed, and my closest friends were here with me. Today was going to be perfect until the goodbyes would have to be said, but we have plenty of time before that.

“Sarah!” Louis called to me. I turned around sharply to see a red, yellow and white beach ball coming in my direction, instead of passing the ball to Liam, who was waving his arms signalling he’s open, I swam away from the ball.

“I thought I told you guys that I wasn’t playing!” I whined.

“Oh come on! Live a little!” Cassie said.

“Yeah! Live while you're young!” Louis said. I rolled my  eyes.

“I’m going to go inside and get a sandwich, anyone want one?” I asked, getting out of the pool. I glanced in Niall and Lexi’s direction only to find the two fast asleep on a beach chair. Niall's arms wrapped around Lexi’s waist, Lexi’s head on Niall’s chest. I smiled at the two. They’d make the cutest couple.

“I’m guessing that’s a no to the sandwiches?” I asked again, glancing at the pool. Louis and Cassie seemed to wrapped up in their game to reply, Liam on the other hand emerged from the pool.

“I’ll help you,” He offered.

“Okay,” I said. We both grabbed a beach towel and headed into the kitchen.Thing we needed for sandwiches in silence, until I said, “So you excited to start touring again?”