Prologue: Sold

"Your turn." The man said sternly, as he escorted her to the other room. She briefly wondered if his face had always been that wrinkled or if it was from never smiling. This was it. There was no turning back from her decision.

She hesitated to move for a couple of seconds as he held the door open, but remembered all the reasons she was there in the first place. With a final sigh, she straightened her shoulders, held her head high and entered the room.

It took her a few seconds to adjust her sight. The room was dark, with only a couple of recessed spotlights directly aimed at the small circular platform in the middle. All she could see were the walls of mirrors around, and the door behind her. She took small steps until she reached the platform. She stood in the center and almost did not recognize her own reflection.

She stared at the woman standing in front of her and thought how beautiful and confident she looked. Her meticulously curled long, dark brown hair, accented by a thin diamond encrusted headband, draped around her small face, to her slender shoulders, one side covering the top of her left arm. Although she hated them, she liked how her fake long lashes made her smoky eyelids heavy, which added to the mysterious and enchanting look she intended. She had worn just enough blush to highlight her cheekbones, luscious pink lipstick to plump her full lips, and a tiny diamond nose stud-- her idea of an innocent temptress look.

The dress she was made to wear was a white midriff top, paired with a matching Lehenga. The short sleeved beaded top perfectly hugged her curves and the sweetheart neckline accentuated her usually covered cleavage. Because of her petite figure, it was long enough to cover most of her torso and ended just above her diamond navel ring. Her floor length, heavily beaded white Lehenga sat tightly on her hips, revealing her tiny waist.

Damn, I look hot. She thought to herself, momentarily forgetting the precarious situation she was in. She squinted her eyes and could almost make out a faint face behind her reflection on the mirror.

This is it, Nicomaine. There's no turning back now.

**********

Behind the mirrors were three small cubicles, each with men looking straight ahead, in anticipation of the next woman being offered. When the faint lights finally turned on, the three men gasped all at the same time, but one louder than the others. To say that he was mesmerized would be an understatement. The woman, just a glass wall away from him, was exactly what he was looking for in a bride. All dressed in white, she was the epitome of grace and purity. There was no way he would let these assholes win her.

She would be his. There was no doubt in his mind.

"For the next item, we have for you, a woman of elegance, of Asian descent, one hundred percent pure and innocent. The bidding starts at $100,000."

The three men in the cubicles were ready to slit each other's throats to win her.  The bidding quickly went up to $500,000 and it seemed no one was going to budge.

"One Million Fucking Dollars," the handsome, bearded young man impatiently yelled on the phone to bid.

"One million dollars for this young lady, any takers? Going once, going twice... sold! This elegant beauty in white has been sold for One MIllion Dollars!"

The young man smirked, straightened his tie, and carefully stood up staring at the young woman behind the glass wall. For a moment there, he thought she was staring right back. But he was smart enough to know that one way mirrors don't work like that. He was nervous and excited at the same time. This was it. There was no turning back from this decision that he hoped was the right one.

"Heck if I'm gonna do this, might as well pick a perfect woman," he whispered to himself.

**********

She had no idea what went on behind the mirrors. She stood there for a good ten minutes in silence, though it felt like her whole life had passed by. The door behind her opened, and the wrinkly stern man from before held it for her, silently motioned for her to exit. She did not need to be told twice. The man closed the door behind him and led her to another room.

"What's behind this door now?" She meekly asked.

"Ms. Dei, your new husband, Mr. Richards, will see you now."

---------------------

Thank you, Mama wuthie16 for beta-ing and for our cover hihi labyu! 😙

Thank you, Clingy Titas of Abroad for being our sounding board hahahah! We super love you and this is for you!!!

Thank you all for reading! 😙

Let us know what you think! Tweet me @pandita0314 and Jill frosty_spice or leave your comments here. 😄