Review: Woman of the Stars by @princessnymphadora

I wasn't sure what to expect from Woman of the Stars. It's not usually the kind of thing I'd read, but something drew me in. The story follows an underage prostitute and her relationship with a soldier she meets. I had no idea how beautiful a story like this could end out - one of many nice surprises this story offered.

Today's society shames women for being sexual while men receive pats on the backs. This story challenges that completely. It's part of the #StopSlutShaming movement here on Wattpad, which I think is one of the most important things we should be promoting. The story deals with extremely serious issues, and highlights things that are, sadly, still a reality even in this century. The main character has an important story to tell, and the author gave this character voice in the most beautiful way possible. It's the kind of story that gives girls the feeling that they have free reign over their choices and their bodies, and there's not much better than that. That's perhaps why I connected so much with the character. Through the writing I felt the girl's pain, and that's not easy to do. It just goes to show how talented the writer is.

Despite the ending being open and not giving the reader complete closure, I found that it was soothing. Since there will be a sequel about the soldier as well, I feel that there could be more to come, which I'm excited about. I'd definitely recommend this story - it was a beautiful piece of writing.

Review by