Chapter Nine - Woken

Back to Isabelle's point of view. Jace's POV might come back at a later time.

The instant I wake, instinct take a hold of me. Where am I? How did I get here? My eyes travel around the room I'm in. Brown and golden carpet, red velvet couches-one I'm laying on. A high ceiling light throws harsh light around the room, making me squint.

I keep looking. The other couch in the room has a boy in it. My heart leaps even though I don't know him. Ebony black hair falling into his face. Lean and cut muscles line his body. Black combat boots take the floor next to him. Dark blue skinny jeans wrap his legs and a tight black shirt hides his torso. I can see the rise and fall of his chest. So he's breathing.

But I can also feel an incredible power emanating from his form. This is a young man to be feared.

Slowly, I stand. Pain laces in my legs and hands as I do. What the Hell happened to me?

The boy across from me wakes, his ears perking. His eyes crack open to the most beautiful blue irises I have ever seen. "So you're finally awake?" he asks.

"Who are you?" I ask back.

The young man sighs. "So you still don't remember me, my name is Jace. I've brought you to safety." he says.

"What do you mean? Safety from what?"

"There are some of my kind that wish to use you for their own personal game." he says.

"Your kind?"

"Yes." He sighs. "You are just like me. A Vampire." He lets the final word hang in the air. Vampire? Me? Something clicks in the back of my mind and I hold the side of my head. My head blooms in an explosion of pain as memories come back to me.

Images of a man with black claws flood in my mind, the reflection of purple colored eyes as well. Along with a single word. Queen.

"Jace?" I ask, my voice very soft.

"Hmm?"

"I remember. I remember everything. Where's Nick? Why isn't Nick here?"

Jace does the unthinkable. He stands up and hugs me. My head falls on his solid chest and I hear a heart beat. His heart is beating! I hug him back and he strokes my hair softly, sending chills down my spine. 'I'm afraid Nick won't be with us anymore."

"What do you mean?!" My voice gets louder in desperation. Nick can't be dead!

"He attacked me at the Clan house while you slept. He isn't the person you once knew."

"He attacked you?"

"Yes. And he said something else. Right before he disappeared, he said 'Some other time, knight of the queen.' I don't exactly know what he means. But it has to do with you."

"What does any of this have to do with me??" Tears start falling from my eyes, glistening on my alabaster white skin.

"Everyone at the Clan house thinks you're special.That since you have purple eyes at times, you could be their salvation."

"What do you mean?"

"Your blood, if injected in one of the Vampires, could make it possible for them to walk in the day. Basically, they want to use you to get back to sunlight."

"So that's why you took me away from there. To protect me."

"I'd do anything to protect the one I love." Jace's voice has gone very soft, barely a whisper in my ear.  

"Jace?" I look up at the powerful young man. His eyes are the still same cold blue, but I can see a sparkle in them.

"Izzy, I.."

I stop him from talking. My lips crash into his in a passionate kiss. After a few seconds, I pull away. "I love you too, Jace Silverfang."

This story is taking an unexpected spin from what I origanally intended. So I will change the Description when I have time. Now, instead of rouge Vamps after Izzyand Jace, the Clan led by her father is. To have her blood and fiannly walk in the day.

Also, I'm going to try posting this story for the Wattys. Hopefully my fans see this and help me out.

I love all of you very much!!!

Vote

Comment

Fan