Ten

Ayla

It's currently 2:46 in the morning and I can't sleep. I'm overthinking and thinking about things that make me sad and get me very anxious. I crawl deeper and deeper in my thoughts. It almost feels impossible to get out.

Adrianna, Morgan, and my family at home know something that no one else knows. Last year, I was in a relationship with a guy named Chris. Everything was going fine until we hit about 4 months. He then began to pressure me into sex and cheat on me. I didn't know he was cheating on me until a month after, but my stupid ass forgave him.

He pressured me into sex all the time but I always told him no. I wasn't ready and he knew that, but he didn't care. He then became controlling and abusive. He's fractured my wrist twice from his grip. He tried getting me into drugs multiple times. He tried pressuring me into drinking alcohol. He was terrible and very manipulative. I wasn't allowed to talk to anyone besides him. My brother actually punched him in the jaw for me after he found out. He knocked him out cold.

After we got a temporary restraining order, he then began to break it by contacting me through multiple fake accounts and social media. One night when I was walking home from 7/11, he came up behind me, trying to take me away. Thank god my neighbor come outside. If not, who knows where I'd be?

I begin to panic and get shakey. My lip quivers and my breathing pattern changes, becoming very rapid. I lose breath and it feels like everything is caving in. I can't breathe. I'm having an anxiety attack. I begin to sob into my knees and grab my phone, calling the first person that comes to mind. My mother.

No answer. She's probably asleep, obviously.

My eyes move quickly, looking in different directions. I feel like screaming but no sound would come out. I pace back and forth in my room, not knowing what to do.

"Ayla?" I hear Blaziken outside my door. He opens and sees me in tears.

"Ayla, are you okay?" He closes the door behind him and comes closer to me.

"I can't breathe. I can't breathe." I say in almost a whisper.

He hugs me, running his fingers through my hair, "It's okay, Ayla. It's going to be okay. Just sit down." He takes a seat and I sit beside him. He begins to help me and my heart slows down. I begin to control my breathing and my tears stop.

"You were having an anxiety attack, you'll be okay."

"Thank you, Lucas. Why are you up so late?"

"I was filming a ping pong trickshot with Adapt. But I stopped because I heard lots of footsteps and I was confused."

"Oh."

"You want me to stay here with you?"

"You don't have to."

"I know, but what if I want to?"

I stay quiet and I shrug. He smiles and makes me scoot over. He pulls the covers over us and cuddles with me.

"But what if Jacob sees us?"

"Who cares? Let's just remember who came to the rescue when you needed someone." He says, before kissing my temple and bringing me closer to him.

I sigh and lay my head against his chest, wrapping my arms around his torso. I can finally sleep peacefully. I'm lucky to have Lucas in my life and I will never take our friendship for granted.