Four: A bed and a wolf

One of my favorite chapter. Gosh I wish I had this room! And the nightgown is modeled off my moms old one that she lets me use. Gosh, it so silky. <3 Ladybug out.

btw-the pic is eva and charlie if u didn't read the cast list.

“Kitty!!” a voice calls, and I run down the steps, giggling profusely.

My dad swoops me up in his arms the minute my three year old feet touch the bottom step and I squeal with glee as he zooms me in a circle in the air.

My mother smiles benevolently and saves me from my father, my little arms wrapping around her neck. “Kitty, daddy and I are going on a trip, ok? Be good for Kirsten?” she tells me and I wriggle closer.

“Mama ‘o ‘weave!” I say stubbornly, my black curls hiding my silver eyes form view. “Mama and Papa stay with ‘kitty! Pweez?”

Mama laughs and tickles my sides, then sets me down. “We’ll be home soon.”

I clutch Kirsten’s legs and stick my thumb in my mouth. “Be careful?”

“Very careful, honey very careful.”

“’Womise?”

“Promise.”

The first promise they ever broke.

I come back to life slowly, then process where I am. I jolt out of bed and clutch the covers to me.

“Where-what-why-how?” I whisper to myself, my eyes taking in the scene before me. This must be a dream. I’m in a huge, princess-size room with Silver and black velvet walls. Crystal Sconces hang form the walls and a stunning white-gold chandelier twinkles right above me. The moonlight streaming in form the balcony on my left reveals the silver colored tassels holding the royal blue velvet curtains form my canopy bed aside, making the white couches and stools glow. A huge closet door resides on my left and the floor seems to be covered with black, white, and blue paisley plush carpet.

No one has ever, and will ever care enough about me to give me a room like this. If it wasn’t for the very, very real Tycal snoozing peacefully by my side I would’ve pinched myself.

I look down at myself and can’t stop my skin form crawling in disbelief. A satiny blue nightgown clothes me from head to foot, white and green lace adorning the top. I blush when I notice how the neckline is lower than I’m accustomed too, but I can’t help but marvel at the delicacy of the fabric. Hands trembling I gently pull the cord on the elegant white lamp by my bed and force myself to calm down as the soft, white glow penetrates the gloom.

Yes, I admit it-I’m deathly afraid of the dark. I associate the dark with death-because it’s the last thing I remember about my parents.

Slipping out of the thick peacock velvet comforter I’d been sleeping under I wiggle my toes as my feet sink almost up to my ankles and suppress a giggle. This may be a dream, but I could get use to this.