Chapter 2: It's Not Tag; It's A Game Of Endless Groping

"I want coffee!" Val shouts suddenly. People turn to stare at us. I snort and hit Val's hand. 

"We're going to turn up in the mental asylum someday." I say. 

She laughs and nods her head. 

"I don't really care, baby! Let them hate! Haters gonna hate and ..." She curses herself for forgetting the ending. I shake my head at my crazy best friend and change the channel.  

"You got a girl that doesn't look a thing like..." I immediately jump at the song and turn up the volume while carelessly jamming to it along with Val.  

This is fun. 

Right now we're heading to the mall and we're making the best of the trip.  

Val is going to Washington DC for a few days to meet her father. And by father I don't mean Wade's dad, she's visiting her own blood-related father.  

The one who brought her into this world? 

Yeah, you get my point. 

Ever since she told me that, I was mopping around, with a huge pout on my face. But Val promised that she will buy me an ice-cream and also play Laser Tag with me. 

And that doesn't mean the tag we play with small kids. 

No, I mean the professional tag where you're fighting with another team...with a GUN. 

I LOVE guns! Even if they're loaded with water. They're sexy.  

So, her offer was more tempting than sulking all day long. 

Yeah, I can be greedy. Sue me. 

When we finally reach the mall, I jump out of Val's open-top BMW -cue the swoon- and grab my bag. 

"Wanna play tag first or ice-cream?" she asks me. 

"Tag for the win!! Haven't laid my hand on that gun for a long time." I nod my head.  

"You're obsessed." She observes. I roll my eyes and start heading towards the place. 

After waiting in the damn line for more than fifteen minutes while trying to ignore the stares of some silly boys, we finally get the tickets for the game. I roll my eyes as they whistle at us. Or our clothes.  

What's so new about shorts anyway?  

Oh yeah, they show legs. Ugh. I knew it wouldn't be a good idea to wear my denims. But I had no other choice. Val was stomping on my head -more like knocking on the door of my room- to get me out of my closet. Sigh. 

A guy in a black uniform opens the door for us before giving a brief smile and a thumbs up. We smile back at him and enter inside, immediately taking the guns from the place where they are kept and listen to the small introduction another guy gives us. I want to edge out of it since I already know everything there is to know about tag, but I don't want to be rude. 

Plus the guy is hot. Five extra minutes don't hurt, right? 

After he leaves, we slowly head towards a corner and crouch down.  

That's when it strikes to me that we haven't seen who's on our team yet. I mentally face palm for being so stupid and get up. It's times like these when I'm glad that I'm naturally blonde. I can easily make an excuse.  

But not all blondes are stupid.  

Caroline can beat Elena's ass anytime.  

Yep, I watch The Vampire Diaries. You know why? Because it's worth watching.