Pupaphobia: New World

There, in a field of yarn, all curled up in a tight little ball, she slept. She wasn't aware of her surroundings. Who is she? How did she get there, in that field of yarn?
...
(POV change-"girl")
I rolled to my side, then rolled to my other side, finally deciding to lay on my stomach. Though what surprised me most was the feeling of still being embraced by a blanket. No matter how I turned, that sensation remained. Curious of how I felt blanket softness every which way, I cracked my one eye open. I didn't expect what blurry sight greeted me. I spasmed upwards until I was sitting up and froze. When my vision cleared up from its drowsy state, I noticed I was completely isolated and left in some kind of soft, fuzzy, and brightly colored world.

I smoothed my red nightgown and fixed it so it fit appropriately before springing to my bare feet. I remembered having my brown fluffy slippers on, but that wasn't my main concern. I turned my head about to survey the area, kind of like how meerkats do. Only I had no squadron to alert if things went south.

No matter which direction I looked, everything was surrounded by woods and felt and fluff. It honestly appeared as a television show for children, with music and lessons and puppets-

The thought of which made me cringe. I never, ever approved of those fuzzy wuzzy lovey dovey freakish characters that would give off mixed messages and leave children in an altered state of what they once were. My grief increased when I realized that, odds are, I'd have to encounter SOMETHING eventually. I can't just stay put forever. I'd die of hunger, thirst, or fear. With a highly reluctant sigh, I ventured into the mysterious woods encircling me, leaving behind whatever safety the clearing offered. Hopefully, with my "this is the end" attitude, I'll survive anything that I happen to encounter.