Mariposa the Rebel

Now isolated in the back room she turned into her own, a melancholy teenager curls up. Her emotions were a tumbleweed in a desolate desert, riding on what little breezes pushed her. She cried out for help, as if her guardian angels would fly at light speed to her rescue. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way. Fate held another bizarre outcome for this broken stemmed rose.

"I still don't see why you won't help the poor thing. Look at her."

"I've told you and all the others before. I work in mysterious ways. Just give-"

"I know what you said. But I still don't get it. Why won't you at least let someone help the child?!"

"If you think you're so qualified as to interfere with my plan, go right ahead."

"Wait, me? Play God? Are you sure?"

"You and your questions. Just go. I won't stop you."

"It's...it's about time I get to help people! Watch me! I'll do this, come right back, and prove it to you that I CAN be helpful!"

"Fare thee well. I'll be keeping an eye on you."

A massive bang quaked the house, shaking it to its foundation like gelatin. Smaller clangs of pots and pans and such followed. The weepy teenager reached for her smaller than average sized baseball bat covered in marker. She tiptoed her short plump self across the pitch black house, pausing by the threshold leading to the kitchen. She gripped her bat and got into formation, poised to strike.

"Ffff- ouch!" A whispery hiss sounded from the darkness. The door creaked open and the girl lunged, full force at her opponent. "HEY. What was that for?!" A medium high pitched male voice, airy and almost melodic, asked in another hiss after the bat connected.

"Who ARE you and what do you want?!" She growled lowly, ready to attack again as her other hand secretly fondled the wall in order to find the light switch.

"Easy friend. I didn't mean to do you alarm."

"Then WHY are you in here, in MY HOME?"

"If I told you, you won't believe me. You'd think me a creep." He replied softly, making a small fraction of her heart feel sad. He wasn't lying though. At last, the lights poured out from the bulbs, drenching the room in, well, light. She peered back to the mystery person, only to see he wasn't quite what her head cannon conjured up.

"What in the world-?" She gasped, taken far aback.