Chapter 2

It's been 13 years since that day I ran away, I was 15 years old living on the streets for a few months. Into my aunt found me. I stayed with my aunt Glenda into I turned 18, I was so thankful for her she helped me get back into school and I graduated with honors. I even continued to farther my education and went to college were I received my master as a BSN, so I'm currently working as a nurse. As proud as I am of my accomplishments I still think of my mother and the days of my childhood.

"Hey boo", Asia said walking toward the nursing station.
"Hey girl", I spoke back turing away from the computer to face Asia.
"Girl what are you doing tonight and please don't say reading those dam books."
Asia was my bestfriend I met her in college and she was the coolest and prettiest girl on campus. She was very light compared to my cinnamon brown complexion, and also short compared to my 5"9 height. She stood at 5"4 with hazel eyes and long brown hair she reminded me of Kamora Lee. Asia was like my sister she never put me down and always had my back some people could say she was over protective of me but that's just how we are.

"No Asia I did not start a new book but I will be going to the mall after work"

"Good I'll go with you so we can find outfits for this party at my cousin's house."

"Ooookay but I'm not going, look Asia I'm not doing this with you today."

" Whatever bitch your going and your going to have fun I'm so tried of you wasting your life away, if your not working your reading, stop hiding Nadia your beautiful and I'm going to find you a man if it's the last thing I do."

"Alright I'm going don't jump down my throat big head"

"Okay I'll meet you at the mall after work."

"Okay I'll be there I'm I following you."

"Yeah" Asia said as she turned and walk towards the elevators.

"Dammit" I said just noticing I had not even started on my nurse's notes. I was to busy day dreaming about my past, then got distracted by Asia and her rants of demands. Turning to my chart I got to work and in no time I was clocking out.

-+++++++++++++++++++-
As we entered the mall my first stop was getting some food. After eating we decided that shoe shopping was priority number one. As we walked around the Gucci store I spotted some black and gold Gucci six inch sandals.

"Omg boo look at this bag" Asia screamed getting my attention.

"Yes I like" I said attempting to grab it out of her hands.

"Uh uh girl finders keepers bitch you better go look for your own"

"Really Asia that's how we doing it now"

"Yep and I don't care your ass ain't going rock this shit right any way"

"Whatever keep it I see something better bitch". I said picking up a black leather clutch with gold studs all over it.

"Dam boo that shit is cute and it goes well with your shoes now you need a sexy ass dress."

"True, but I already have a sexy ass dress at home I never had a reason to put it on so I'm going to wear it tonight."

"Ok cool so help me find a dress. Then we can go get medi's & pedi's. Hey I've been meaning to ask you something, but I don't want you to get upset."

"What?"

"Do you know Keith?"

"Yeah I do, but why would I get upset about that plus I told u about him. Ooh this dress is cute this red would look great on you."