8. Ellie

I have to walk to school today, because my mom took my car keys away, putting this as a punishment for last night. I'm not really complaining though, I do need to stay in shape.

I stick my hand in my pockets and take my glasses out, slipping them on my face and comb my hair back with my hand.

I left brendon at home, with a little note for my parents on how to use him. I would bring him to school, but that would be more bullying for me, and they'd probably kill the poor thing.

Just as I was walking I see a little kid playing in the road, I smiled as I watched him play with his little ball.

That's when I heard a screech of tires and a car was zooming down the road, heading straight for the little boy.

He froze in his spot, and that's when I got into reality and Sprinted my way to him. I scooped him up into my arms protectively and the car breezed by us, giving off a huge gust of wind.

I was holding the little boy tight like my life depended on it, I just saved him. I just saved him?

"Oh my god ,Charlie!" A women comes out running down her steps, and I set her son down as he runs into her arms.

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much sir, if you weren't passing by, I don't know what would have happened." She said hugging her boy tightly. I give them a warm smile and walk up to the kid and pat his head.

"I really like kids, I hope to have some of my own one day." I say mostly to myself and stand up, sticking my hands in my pocket.

"Yeah, kids are great, yet can be a pain sometimes, all in the end, they are worth it." She says smiling softly at her son and he looked up at me with big eyes.

"Have a nice day ma'am." I say and give her and the little guy a wave, which they return as I walk the rest of the way to school.

I wonder if he would've been injured if I weren't happening to be passing by. I stick my bottom lip out, and walk across the school parking lot.

As I walked up to the school doors I heard footsteps behind me, I glanced back and I seen red running my way. I groaned and hurried inside.

As I was walking down the hall I felt like something was off... I looked at my surroundings and I was taken aback by everyone staring at me, some with smiles on their faces.

What the fuck was their problems? I just 'shy' away and then stop in my tracks as I looked at the bulletin board to see the names posted to see who made the team.

I scanned it and I wasn't so surprised.

Keaton Hill
Chris Hopkins
Kevin Gardener
Brandon Carpenter
Jason Dean
Trevor Rains
Haiden Brent
Liam Malik

The list went on and I shrugged my shoulders, of course I would make it, like i said. I'm good at what I do.

"Jason!" I hear someone yell and I see everyones head turn to who yelled and whispers went around.

It was a male voice, but it sounded kinda familiar, it wasn't kevin or his friends, who was it?

I turn around and my eyes widened as I looked at who Daphne was standing next to. This son of gun. I cracked a huge smile and everyone watched as we did a little hand shake, laughing.

"Bruce, what are you doing here?" I ask and glance at Daphne as she had a grin on her face. It was probably her.

"Red here invited me to come visit you, more importantly, why the hell are you guys dressed like this? You look like nerds." He said very loudly and everyone gave us questioning looks and looks us up and down.

"Shut the fuck up." I whisper in a hiss and drag him and Daphne in a empty room. I point to seats and they sit down.

"I don't know what the hell she's doing, I don't even know her. But my reason is irrelevant and personal." I say crossing my arms and push up my glasses.

"Ah, so you wanna be a nerd so you don't get any attention, because you are a handsome dude. No homo." He says shrugging his shoulders, for a minute I thought he figured me out, but he was truly an idiot.

"Oh yeah, I heard you made the football team, my man. People are talking about it in the halls, you're quite popular huh?" He said and laughed while sticking his tongue out and got a straight face as he seen me glaring.

"Dont you have school?" I hiss and he puts a hand on his heart before slinging an arm around daphne.

"Ouch, is he always so mean? Anyways I'm ditching today so I can get some training done." He whispers to Daphne then says to me. I hear a chair move, but I ignore it once I see no one there.

"Yes, sadly. I also have to do some training for tonight, I'm hoping to win the rink, I'll kick their ass." Daphne speaks up with a smirk on her face, while cracking her knuckles.

I hear the chair move again and I slightly turn my head to see a foot. I squint my eyes, did this person hear everything?

I put my finger up, telling them not to talk and I slowly walk over to the unknown foot, I see their body and i grab the back of the person's shirt and pick them up aggressively.

"How much did you hear?" I say looking at the unknown girl. Hm why the hell was she spying on us anyways?

"I-I didn't h-hear much." She stutters out, and I rub my temples and put her down, not wanting to hurt her.

"Sit down." I instruct and she takes a seat beside bruce.

"I know her, that's Ellie Thompson, she's in my English class." Daphne says and nods at her, which she just looks down at.

"Now I'm gonna ask again. Did you hear us?" I demand again and look at her closely.

"Y-yes. I was getting my phone back, and I heard someone come in, so I hid thinking it was the teacher."She explained while looking me in the eye.

"Aye, go easy on the girl, she didn't mean to eavesdrop." Bruce says cooly, and I sigh, it was an accident I guess.

"But we can't let her off the hook. She knows things." I say crunching up my eyebrows as I point at her.

"Well. How about you let her join us? Safer than sorry right?" Bruce suggests, and Daphne nods approvingly.

"I don't know. Not a good idea, she's weak and doesn't know anything we do." I explain, and realize Derrick may not allow this, seeing he's kinda strick, and well I have to admit layed back at times.

"Well, that means one thing Jason." He says standing up and puts a hand on my shoulder.

I raise a brow and look at him, what is this? I hope its not what I'm thinking. If so fuck no.

"Dont I have a say in this?" Ellie speaks up riasing a finger at us.

"Shut the hell up, of course you dont." Daphne says eyeing her, and tells Bruce to continue on.

"You're going to train her."

-End Of chapter-