{Prologue Part I}.::My dearest Aileen::.

3rd, January 2026

My Dearest Aileen,

It is not in my interest that you receive this letter, but if you did it means that my husband has failed Odonia and that we are currently under threat. I write to you on this date 3rd, January, 2026 just two days after I gave birth to my dear Catalyeena because for the first time as a mother I realized that Odonia which was once a place of light has now become drenched in darkness and this is no place for me to raise a child.

However Aileen, it's been said that even in the midst of darkness there is always a little beam of light, and I believe that the said light lives within you and you are the only hope for my daughter. With that being said I have come up with an arrangement, it is temporary of course however, if we do not meet again in about a decade it means that I have failed both you as a friend and Catalyeena as a mother and I have gone on to my second life.

If you're reading this it means that you have arrived safely in Castanovia and I would like you to pass on the ways of an Odonian Queen to Catalyeena even if she is never given the opportunity to carry them out. Teach her how to walk like I do, teach her the etiquette of fine dining, teach her to dance Aileen. Teach her the language of both the Odonian people and the language of the Odonian Elite. Let her know that Odonia is an important part of who she is, but teach her the importance of keeping that part of her unknown to everyone except you,your trusted ones and herself.

However, as stated before if I don't present myself within a decade it means that I've gone on to become something in another life and if this is the case let Catalyeena know that Castanovia is also her home but never allow Odonia to become nothing but useless history. I have packed the necessary Royal Books required for her to obtain the goals that I have set and remember that you Aileen have been gifted with something that I had to selflessly give up and that is the gift of parenthood.

Sincerely your beloved bestfriend,

Caitriona Castellano.