three

Unedited

Danyal

A week later

My eyes flutter open by Lily moving side to side. A little yawn escapes her mouth. Her tiny hands hanging low from the bed and her back slightly touching mine.

"What's wrong, Lil?" I asked, her head whipped to me. Her eyes were red and swollen. She snuggled into me and I put my arms around her small body, "Hmm?"

"Daddy, I can't sleep. This bed is too hard to sleep on." She whispered, her voice almost at the edge to break. We were living in a small hut-like thing. The owner, whom I work for, had a huge mansion and he lived with his family, he had few huts in the backyard and he would sometimes   let one of his workers stay in these huts. The man was very bossy and basically not a person you want to be around, we were lucky he would at least let us stay in this hut. It was very small and it just has a bathroom, to which the door doesn't even close's properly, and a very very  hard mattress, oh and it's always so hot in here but luckily the weather these days have been good so we really don't have to worry about that for now.

A loud sigh escapes my mouth as I try to bring her more close to me so she at least sleeps for a good three hours. As the sun rises in three hours, sleeping here becomes impossible, because the sunlight comes inside and the sun shines right on our faces. "Try sleeping, sweetheart. We have to get up in three hours anyway." She sighs and nods.

~~

After a small meal, which consisted of a glass of milk and some banana's, we were headed to the supermarket to get the things Mrs. Thompson had made a list of.

Lily was having too much fun pushing the trolley and whenever she would accidently hit someone show would say sorry while giggling and people would give weird looks to me. Sigh, not everyone in this world kind like that flower girl, Yasmine. Yasmine. She was wow, a good wow. She had the eyes to be lost in, they were the lightest shade of brown. Her hair was the darkest shade of blond, long and wavy. And her voice resembled to her. I chuckled at myself, talking about a girl.

I cross out the last item on the paper, I was interrupted by Lily shouted, "Daddy! It's the flower girl!" I look up to see Yasmine with her phone and her fingers typing away.

"Flower Girl! Flower Girl!" Lily shouted approaching her. At first, Yasmine didn't hear her but once Lily reached her, seconds later she had a giggly Lily in her arms. I watched in awe. Yasmine asked Lily something and she turned to watch where I was standing. Yasmine smiled when she noticed I was staring at her, I looked away and walked where they standing.

"Hello, Danyal," Yasmine said with her hand stretched, without thinking I place my hands in her soft hands.

"Hi, Yasmine," I smile back.

"Yasmine, I love your bag!" Lily exclaimed as she examined her Hello Kitty bag.

Yasmine giggles, "It's one of my nieces' bag. They were supposed to be here but I guess I lost them."

"What's a niece?" Lily asked me.

I smiled at her, "They are your sister's daughter's," I look at Yasmine, "This means Yasmine's sister's daughter." I smile down at Lily. She was confused but nodded anyway. Yasmine laughs a little.

"What are you guys doing here anyways?"

"Oh, you know the usual, hunting for animals." I sarcastically replied.

Yasmine raised an eyebrow and busted out laughing, "That was silly of me to ask." 

I laugh a little with her, "I came here to pick some things up."

"Hmm, wife sends father and daughter to get groceries." Yasmine smirks at me, smiling a little.

My smile dropped and my head hung low, "Uh- not really."

"Oh! Girlfriend, maybe?"

Girlfriend? I wish.

I shake my head, upon noticing that I was stiff, she apologized. "I'm sorry, I just seem to say wrong things at wrong times."

"Nah, it's ok."

"Yasmine!" a voice shouted from behind me.

I turn around to see a girl holding a baby, about 3 years old, on her hip. Yasmine walked towards them and grabbed the baby and walked to Lily. Lily gasped looking at the baby on her hip.

"Dada, it's a baby, look!" She exclaimed.

"Yes, honey."

"Lily meet Reema - my niece." Yasmine said bending down to her height.

"Niece is a baby?" Lily asked making me and her laugh.

Yasmine stood up, only to be pulled back by the lady who was holding the baby. She whispered something in Yasmine's ear and Yasmine scoffed and rolled her eyes and pulled back.

"Danyal, meet my sister, Sarah. Sarah, this is my friend, Danyal."

Friend

"Hi, Danyal." Sarah greeted with her hand extended. I shook her hand.

"Hello, Sarah."

"So Yasmine here has talked about you. A lot." I look at Yasmine wide eyed. I clear my throat, and I felt my cheeks growing hot.

"Uh- Sarah..." Yasmine dragged, "She means talked about how cute Lily is."

"Oh," I left out a little laugh.

"Yeah that and how cute Danyal is." Sarah mumbled , Yasmine's eyes flew wide open but I pretended I didn't hear her so it doesn't get more awkward.

"So, I guess we should leave." I say and look down at Lily who was busing playing with Yasmine's bag.

"Y-yeah. Alright." Yasmine handed Reema to Sarah, with narrow eyes at her. She turned around to Lily and gave her a hug, "Bye, Lily."

"Huh? You're leaving? Please don't!" Lily gasped.

"Awe! Hopefully we'll meet again." Yasmine co-ed to her.

"Dada, please tell Yasmine to stay."

"Lily, she has to errands to run and we have to do." I say but Lily starts to tear up.

"Actually! Yasmine and I were planning on having a movie night later tonight. We'd be please to have you guys too!" Sarah said and Yasmine nodded too.

"Really? But I don't want to disturb your sister time together."

"Danyal you won't, I hate her," Yasmine said. "Plus I'm sure Lily would want to watch a movie with me. Right, Lily? You want to watch a movie with us?"

Lily excitedly squealed and nodded. I smiled and nodded at Yasmine, "We'll come."

"Yay! I'll give you my number and I'll text you the address." Yasmine said and I handed her my phone from my pocket. After entering numbers on it, she handed me back the phone.

"Bye! So meet you tonight." I say.

Affer exchanging goodbye's, we were headed back to Mrs.Thompson, after paying groceries. I was excited for tonight.