two

Today was another boring day at the cashier.

"Yo Yasmine!" Sarah, my elder sister, shouted, "Guess what?!" I look down at my watch, it read 11:35 AM.

"Your shift is over." I sigh and play with my nails.

"You're damn right!" She jumped, "I can't wait to go home and spend the day with Reema and Aisha!" She spoke excitedly, packing her stuff.

Reema and Aisha were her daughters, my nieces. It's been only a week since she joined this job and she's already moaning about it.

"Say salaam to them." I muttered, annoyed how her shift is over before mine.

"Will do, Miss Jealous." She winked and left, I roll my eyes. The door bell rang meaning someone had entered the shop.

I was taken back when it was the same father and daughter I saw yesterday. He kept his promise

The little girl looked so happy and she was eyeing the whole shop in awe. She's so cute.

I expected to see Daniela to greet them, as it was her duty but I found her sleeping in the corner. So instead of waking her, I went myself. I wipe my sweaty hands on my pants.

"Hello Sir, welcome to Blossom's, where you can find your type of flowers," I say the memorized lines that Daniela always says. "How can I help you?" The little girl ran off to a section that had a little pots of flowers.

"My daughter-- Lily hold up!" The father hurriedly ran to where his daughter had ran off to. She was trying to get a hold of the flower pot that was a little high for her and she was close to break the whole shelf as she was standing on the last shelf.

I quickly to where the father and daughter ran.

"What did I tell you about running?" I heard him scold her while whispering.

"I'm sorry, I really liked that flower pot." Her head hang low.

"This is why I don't bring you to these places." He sighed and looked up at me, "I'm sorry for her actions."

"Hey, no worries. I'm glad she's ok." I looked down at the girl and her head still fell low. I grab a book from the shelf that was a guide of flowers to this shop. I lowered myself to her height.

"Hmm... so let's see what we have here." I say to her opening the book. She glanced at me for few seconds and quickly looked down and pressed herself to her dad's leg.

"Do you like roses?" I asked her smiling. She shook her head immediately. "Awe I love roses. Why don't you like them?"

After few minutes of silence she spoke, "They are too red."

I giggle at her cuteness, "Then what kind of flowers do you like?" She slowly pulled away from her dad's leg and looked at me.

"I like pink flowers." Her cheeks glowing from excitement.

"Really?! Me too!" I bring my hand forward to high five her and she placed her hand in mine, not knowing what to do. I smile widely at her innocence.

"If you like pink flowers, then I have exactly what you would like." She nodded and hold onto her dad's finger. I stood up and walked towards where Azalea Flowers are kept. Since they are pink.

~~

"Do you like these?" I say holding an Azalea flower to her. She immediately nodded her head.

"Daddy look! This flower is so cute!" She exclaimed, she bought her cute little nose near to the flower, "And it smells so amazing!"

"Yeah." The father replied with hesitation.

"Can we buy this?" She asked her dad smiling.

"Uh, whats the price of this?" He asked me.

"It's 35 dollars, sir. But-"

"Sorry Lily, you can't buy this, how about some other flower?" He said to his daughter. Tears clouded Lily's eyes.

"But sir, she can have it for free." I'm getting so whipped for this later.

"Pardon?"

"Uhm yeah, she really seem to like flowers."

"No you really don't have to do this. She is like this to everything." Shock and hesitation was laced purely in his tone.

"Yeah, but I want to." I exclaimed to him smiling.

"But-"

"No, please. Plus it's not like we have cute customers like her everyday."

A loud sigh escapes his lips, "I-uhm, thank you." He whispered.

"Yes! Thank you, lady!" Lily excitedly exclaimed. The father takes a hold of her small palm.

"You're welcome, Lily! And my name is Yasmine, you can call me that if you want!" I again lowered myself to her height.

"Ok, Yasmine," Soft giggles leaves her mouth, "Daddy, can I hug Yasmine?" She loud-whispers to her dad. The man chuckles and nodded, and Lily dropped herself on me, I smile at her cuteness. I wrap my arms around her small body. She pulled away from me soon.

"You're really cute, Lily."

"Thank you, uh-what is your name I forgot."

"Yasmine."

"Yes! Thank you, Yasmine."

"No problem, cutie."

"We should get going now. Thank you again, Yasmine."

"Please don't thank me, sir."

"Yasmine, you can call him Daddy, Dada or Baba!" Lily says holding onto his finger. I chuckle lightly.

"Danyal, my name is Danyal." He said and playfully shaking his head at his daughter.

"Alright, Danyal. I'll quickly pack your basket" I smile, I pack the flower with the shops card and for Lily I put some chocolates.

After the basket was ready, I handed the basket to Danyal but Lily snatched it from me and starting gazing at it.

"Bye, Lily! Come again soon." I wave at her.

"Bye!" She yelled and Danyal said bye too and they soon despaired from my sight.

I wonder what their story is? Why are their clothes in the worst condition, not that I am judging. I hope to see them again.