The Night

Fletcher returned home at 1 am. An hour after his promised time. He opened the door, expecting his wife to be sitting on the living room couch, ready to give him the scolding of hours life. But she wasn't there.
"She may have gone to sleep. ", thought Fletcher.
He walked to the refrigerator to drink some milk before going to bed. While he was drinking it, something caught his eye. A lamp, was lying on the ground. That was odd, because if the lamp would've fallen, someone would have heard it and put it back in its place. Suddenly, he also saw some scuffle marks and some blood on the carpet. He took out his gun, a Walther P99, a standard piece of equipment for his field of work.
He cried out, "Mel! Emma!"
No answer.
He rushed up the steps and opened the door to his daughter's room. And saw her body. He stood there in shock, not registering what he was seeing. She was sprawled on her bed, facing the ceiling and the blood was everywhere on the bed sheet. Her mouth was open and her eyes were wide in shock. He dared not enter because he knew that this was a crime scene. He rushed to his own room to see his wife in the same position. He dropped his gun and sank to the floor. After 5 minutes, he called the police and told them in a shaky voice about the situation and then after that, it was all a blur.