Chapter Three

I walked into the cold, dead classroom. A wave of wind hit me from the air-conditioning that I walked below while entering the classroom. 

It wasn't really the type of classroom you would usually imagine at a school. It didn't have any posters on the wall or inspirational quotes telling you can do better. The seats were perfectly placed a foot apart and exactly two feet high and wide. Everything in the room was symmetrical. Meaning, my teacher had some OCD floating around in his dead brain.

Mr. Fredwick pointed to my seat and went back to his desk. I quietly sat down and looked in front of the seat in front of me. Straight black hair and a strong body frame; Taylor. It seemed she has a new ability. I said to myself. 

I looked down at the paper on my desk. 

A Vampire's Abilities

Each Vampire will have a total of three abilities in their lifetime. One will be given at age 13. The other two at age 15. Because we don't age physically, these powers are given to show age and maturity. 

A Vampire's Fangs

At age 15, a vampire will begin to grow their fangs. Keep in mind to drink lots of blood during this time. If a vampire doesn't have enough blood in their system, they will end up turning into a sick human. The sick humans end up dying, for real, within a couple days. Your fangs will be one of your strongest weapons. Take care of them. Now to clean...

I stopped reading. I just couldn't read anymore without remembering I was 16, without fangs or abilities. I was a stupid, hopeless thing who doesn't even really count as a vampire.

The 5th bell finally rung and I was out of there. I did not want to be stuck with Mr. Fredwick for his after school study sessions. 

Halfway down the hallway, I noticed a girl running out of the bathroom crying. She had purple streaks in her brown hair and she was wearing heavy makeup. I ran to her before anyone else saw how stupid and weak she looked.

"Hey are you okay?" I asked trying to hide her from the forming crowd. 

She looked up at me with bright blue eyes. "I... I think I'm in the wrong school..." She sobbed.