Act 1 - Chapter 1

My name is Lexa and my family (on my mother's side) is gifted, we remember our past lives - all of them. So unless it's all rubbish that my family made up, this is my first life. Apparently your family/tribe and friends are different every life but there is always one person who is the same. This person is your soulmate. Another gift my family has is when you meet your soulmate you know that it is them.

My mother always use to talk about how she never met her soulmate in any of her lives. She said that the main focus is survival and procreation. But she hoped that one day she would have a life where she didn't need to worry about things like where you would sleep or where the next meal would come from and in that life she could just focus on finding her soulmate. I loved my mother, I still do but unfortunately she past away while giving birth to my sister. I miss her every day but I'm not allowed to show it.

I don't want to wait lifetimes to find my soulmate, I want to find them now. It's very unlikely there will ever be a life where you can relax and not worry about never waking up when you go to sleep so I might as well try to enjoy myself as much as I can right now.

Apparently you are only supposed to have the opposite gender as a soulmate. I once asked my mother if my soulmate could be a girl but she just laughed and called me silly.

I was only five when she died. I'm fifteen now. My father is always complaining about how I should be a mother already but that's not possible yet.

I'm planning to run away from the tribe and go and live on my own but I'm extremely worried that I would die almost straight away. But I am going to leave, I don't want to be forced to have children with a random man who I have no feelings for.

What I really want is to find others who feel the same way as I do and we can live freely together but no one else in the tribe feels that way and my mother always told me not to mix with the other tribes. She said they weren't like us, they were more animalistic and violent. She also told me they don't just eat animals, they eat each other! And if they so much as caught sight of me I would be dead before I realised they were there.

I'm going to leave tomorrow at dawn. I've decided it. I'm going to pack my tools, clothes and weapons tonight and then I will leave.

A/N: Ok so this is my first story that I have written and posted to wattpad. Each act is a different life. The next chapter will be from Clarke's point of view (I'm just calling them Clarke and Lexa because you don't know what the names of those times were). I'm sorry if there are any grammar mistakes I'm not very good with that sort of thing.