☾chapter one☽

Can you imagine throwing an adult into a car and force them to move across the country, away from his family and friends without even asking them for permission?

I call it kidnapping, my mother moving to another city.

I'm from New Mexico, born and raised there, but since my mother got a job in NYC we're moving there.

''Welcome to our new life.'' My mother says as we approach the NYC skyline.

''Vi, you can't stay mad at me forever, you now?'' She says looking at me while we are entering the city.

''I wouldn't be mad at you if you didn't take away my life, you know.'' I say like a little annoying bitch.

''Hey hey, calm down, I didn't take anything away from you-''

''NOTHING? YOU TOOK ME AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS!'' I interrupt her. ''You're making me start in a new high school in the middle of the school term.''

''You know I did you a favour! Does friends were no good to you'' My mother says sighing. 

''Why can't I do online school? I could graduate earlier you know.''

''Because you need to people new people, people who are going to improve your life.''

''You did online school for your last year of high school mum.''

''I did online school because I was pregnant with you remember? It was either finishing my studies or being in 16 and pregnant'' She says as a matter of fact.

''Whose fault was that?'' I ask smirking and raising my eyebrow.

''Blame it on the rock and roll darling.'' She says smirking as well.

-

''So I guess this is the last box Miss Vega.'' The movers says.

''Oh, thank you so much for that, here is your tip.'' My mother says giving the movers some money before they leave.

''So, do you like it? Please say yes even if you're lying.'' My mother says. I can notice she is tense and nervous about our move. We don't really have money, and we have even less since my dad passed away.

I've told my mother many times that I don't have to go to that posh school in the Upper East Side, but since I have a full scholar-ship my mother insisted. 

''Yeah mum I like it.'' I say looking around our new apartment in Brooklyn. I actually like it a lot.

''Good, because this will be your new house.'' She says forcing a smile. I go and hug her, even tho I'm still angry with her she's my best friend and I don't really want to blame her for everything.

''At what time do you start school again?'' My mum asks.

''8am.''

''Well I could go with you tomorrow, since it's your first day. And then I could go and pick you up and we could have lunch together and go to look for some cars for you since you won't be able to use mine.'' She says breaking the hug looking down at me.

''Do you know what shifts you work tomorrow at the diner mum?''

''Well, I'm the manager so whatever shift I want.'' She says proudly.

''MUM! That's not what the manager does! Tomorrow is your first day make a good impression!'' I say laughing. This is going to end up bad. ''We didn't move here for nothing, don't mess it up.''

''Yeah yeah whatever kiddo.'' She says ignoring me.

''I mean it mum, tomorrow I'll go alone to look up some cars.''

''Okay, whatever works best for you.'' She says sticking her tongue out like a little girl.