X

I ignored Terrance's call and continued my way home.

When I got home and my mom had dinner on the table.

I guess Aydin and dad didn't get home yet, they normally spend Friday nights at the gym later than the other nights.

"Hey sweetie, we should talk."

I put my stuff down and sat on the floor to play with Maggie.

"About what?" I asked.

"Terrance."

"Mom, I kn-"

"Is he really worth you and your fathers relationship?" She questioned.

"Mom you know that this whole thing is fake, but they don't. If dad knows I don't know how he'll react. But if Aydin knows he'll hate me and tell everyone. Plus Terrance needs a date too, and he already bought my dresses." I said.

"Okay Sweetie, but just remember that it is a fake relationship." She reminded me.

I nodded and made up an excuse that I had anatomy homework I had to do.

I want to be a nurse possibly a surgeon.

I looked over the X-rays of a broken clavicle that was in the text book, and wrote down what I think the course of treatment should be.

I look at the time and realize that I haven't talked to Terrance all day.

He's called me twice and texted me five times.

T: Hey Aryn, just wanted to talk about the gala, text meee!

T: hey, idk if my last text went though or not but text me for the gala!!

T: hey A, are you okay?

T: Did I do something?

T: A? You there?

I do feel bad about not answering him.

So I text him,

A: Hey, sorry had a busy day, what's up?

I got a response almost immediately.

T: hey A, everything okay?

A: yeah, you want to meet tomorrow about the gala?

T: yeah sure, say Rocky's at 12?

A: sounds good.

Mmmmm, Rocky's. I could definitely go for a burger right now.

Rocky's is a local burger joint that has phenomenal burgers and fries.

"Aryn dinners ready!" Mom yelled from the kitchen.

I hopped off my bed and put my phone on the charger.

I walked into the kitchen and saw dad and Aydin were making their plates.

When they were done I quickly made my plate and sat at the table.

We said Grace and began eating.

It was quiet, the only sound was the silverware hitting the glass.

"Aydin honey, how's training?" Mom asked.

"Good mom. Dad has been pushing me extra har-"

I zoned out.

I don't care about his stupid training, watch next he'll bring up something about how they'll crush the next season.

"-eah I think we'll dominate next season." He smirked eating his food.