Chapter Five

My feet pounded against the hard dirt as I chased after Phil, he was probably scared shitless of me by now, but I couldn't blame him.

"HEY WAIT, IM NOT GOING TO HURT YOU, I JUST WANT TO TALK TO YOU!" I yelled. Phil never slowed down. I don't know if he head me or not so I yelled again.

"HEY, IM SORRY, IM NOT GOING TO HURT YOU I PROMISE!" I yelled as loud as I could. I was probably supposed to be getting back to class but I didn't care.

To my surprise, Phil gradually slowed down and stopped. I quickly ran up to him before he could change his mind and run away again. But he didn't

I slowed down once I got to him and tapped him on the shoulder, much gentler than last time.

Phil turned around to look at me, his blue eyes brimmed with tears. I felt a pang to my heart as my body was filled with a crippling sense of guilt.

"Hey! Hey!" I said moving towards Phil, "Whats wrong?" Of course I knew it was because of me but I felt like I should be polite and ask.

"Its nothing," he mumbled pulling down the sleeves on his jumper. It kind of seemed like an impulse of his when he was uncomfortable. "I just a had a bad day." He said looking down at his shoes that were now lined with dirt from running in it.

"It was me wasn't it?" I said gently trying to get him to look at me

Phil just gave me a sad look that said it all and I swear I could feel my heart shattering into a million pieces at the sight of it.

"I'm sorry." I said looking down in shame at my feet. Knowing that I was responsible for Phil feeling like this tore me apart.

It had begun to rain and Phil and I just stood there listening to the pitter-patter of the rain against the leaves of the tree where we were currently stood under.

"No, its okay, I deserved it" Phil said sadly pulling his sleeves down again.

I looked up at Phil in shock, how could he think he deserved any of that?

"Don't you dare say that." I said grabbing Phil's wrists and pulling him towards me. "You're perfect!" I said removing one of my hands from his wrist to gently cup his face forcing him to look at me.

"Me? Perfect?" Phil scoffed rolling his eyes, "If I'm so perfect why am I so fat and ugly?" Phil almost screamed pushing my hand off of his face.

I stumbled back in shock. How could someone like him ever think that? I regained my composure and stepped back towards him.

"If you're so ugly and imperfect, why have I been thinking about you all day?" I yelled over the thunderstorm occurring around us

Now it was Phil's turn to be shocked.

"You-You've been thinking about me?" Phil's words were barely audible over the rain.

"Yes you idiot!" I yelled chuckling slightly grabbing Phil's arms and pushing us together. My hair was starting to curl and my eyeliner was a mess but I couldn't care less.

It seemed like forever that we were standing there looking into eachothers eyes but at the same time it felt like we were only looking at eachother for less than a second before a loud crack of lightning followed by a even louder rumble of thunder made us jump away from eachother.

We both started laughing and to my surprise Phil pressed his lips against mine

It wasn't heated or anything but there was just something about it that made it special. Maybe it was the way our hands linked together and fit like they were made for each other's touch. Maybe it was the way the thunder rumbled around us but we didn't notice because we were with each other and that was all that mattered. Maybe it was the way we had only met that day but it still felt like we had known each other our whole lives. But I didn't need maybes, I knew. I knew that it was right and I knew he knew it too.

My arm snaked its way around his waist and pulled him closer to me. His body was warm and it felt familiar even though we had never met. Maybe everyone feels that when they meet their special someone. But again, I didn't need maybes, I knew. I knew he was mine and I was his. And he knew it too.

We separated and pressed our foreheads together, our hands still linked. Staring into each others eyes. I grabbed the flower crown out of the inside of my jacket and placed it on his head, our foreheads never separating.

You know you've found your someone when they make you the happiest you've ever been just by walking into a room or looking at you. You know you've found your someone when the little things about them whether it be the way their tongue sticks out when they laugh or how their eyes crinkle when they smile give you more joy than Christmas. You know you've found your someone when you are able to see the good and only the good in them. You know you've found your someone when you're willing to risk getting disowned for them. At least that's how I knew when I met Phil..

Phil was my safe haven, he was my life saver, he was my pastel sky.