Chapter 28

Jasmine

I sat on my bed with my legs crossed. Every little thing has been pissing me off in here. I've been trying to stay to myself and out of trouble. I can't believe Stephen would do this to me.

I stood up and walked outside. I sat in one of the chairs that were there.

"So I heard you used to run shit when you were locked up."

I looked up to find a bitch that looked like Manny Fresh standing in front of me.

I laughed and shook my head. "Go on. I'm not trying to get into no shit with nobody."

"Yeah. That's what I thought. I told my crew you was soft." She poked my shoulder

"Don't touch me."

"What you going to do?"

I stood up and began to walk away only to be pushed.

"Yeah, like I thought! You a little bitch!"

I quickly turned around and punched her. She stumbled back and held her mouth.

"You bitch." She looked at the blood on her hand

"Come at me again and I'll knock yo ass out. Literally."

"Try it." She walked towards me

I swung and hit her jaw. She instantly fell and I went back to where I was sitting.

Guards came rushing out of the building. Two went over to her and the other two grabbed me out of the chair.

"Get off of me!"

They dragged me through the building.

"What's going on?" I heard August's voice

I couldn't see him because I was being placed into a small room. I threw the chair across the room. I flipped over the table and everything on it went flying in different directions.

I slid down the wall as tears steadily ran down my face. I pulled my knees to my chest and sat there crying.

August walked in and quickly came over to me.

"You have to calm down Jas. You can't let these females get to you."

I nodded. "I know. It's not them. I need to see my son. They took me from my child for no reason!"

"Who?"

I just sat there

August turned my face to him. "Who put you in here?"

"My lawyer and Chris' girlfriend."

Chris

I didn't go home yesterday. I wanted to give Nicole more than enough time to get everything and leave.

I pulled up to my house and got out the car. I jogged up the steps and went into the house.

I walked towards the kitchen but quickly took a few steps back. I looked into the living room and Nicole was sitting there watching TV.

"You must think this is some kind of joke." I turned the TV off. "Why the fuck are you still here."

"You were serious?"

I ran my hands down my face. "Get out."

"Why? What did I do?"

"What did you do?! Look, I'm not about to go through this with you. Get your shit and leave before you be the next one in jail."

"But baby," she began to cry

"Shut up and leave."

"Fine. I don't need you anyway."

"And leave my car here since you don't need me. Yo ass can take a uber."

"Whatever." She threw the keys at me.

I put my feet up on the table and watched as she carried all of her things out. Once she left, I went into the basement and pulled all of the security tapes.

Jasmine 

2 days later

"I missed you baby." I kissed Kam's cheeks.

I didn't want to let him go.

"Has he been eating and sleeping ok?"

"He's been fine. Don't worry." My mom smiled

"I can't help but worry. I'm away from my baby."

"I'm working on getting you out of here. Everything will be ok."

"I hope so."

Visitation lasted for another 20 minutes. I reluctantly handed Kam back to my mom. He began to cry and it felt like my heart was getting ripped out of my chest.

"I love you baby boy." I softly spoke as I watched him disappear through the doorway in my mother's arms.

I slowly walked back to my bed and laid there. I didn't even get up to eat at dinner time.

"Not going to eat?"

I glanced to my left and instantly rolled my eyes. Can my week get any worse?

"Jackie, what are you doing here?"

"Please Jasmine, I'm your mother. Have some respect. I got arrested a few weeks ago. I been here since. I saw you when they brought you here but I didn't know what to say to you."

"Respect?" I sat up. "You don't deserve shit. Natalie is my mother. Where were you when I was in prison all those years? Where were you when I got released? Or when I had my son? Fuck that, where were you my whole damn life? And you call yourself a mother. Fuck you."

"Don't you ever talk to me like that again." She pointed her finger in my face.

"Don't worry. I didn't plan on saying nothing else to you for the rest of my life."

Chris

I walked into the police station and went to the front desk.

"I need to see the detective."

"He's busy at the moment. Can I help you?"

"I need to give him these tapes as evidence for a case."

"I'll take them."

I handed her the tapes and she placed them into a ziplock bag.

"What case is it?"

"It's for Jasmine Brooks. She was falsely accused and those tapes prove it."

"I'll be sure to get this to him right away." She labled the bag

"Does she have a bond yet?"

"No.." she clicked a few times on the computer. "Looks like they have her under no bond until her court date."

"When is that?"

"A month from now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooooo....I finally updated! I know it's not super long but its something.

Voting time! What would you like my next book to be?

Rihanna 👑💎

or

Trey Songz 👅💦