Chapter 1

I walk into Port's Netball facilities, grand final tomorrow! Time to start training, I met up with Georgie Paterson, Chad's girlfriend whom is my personal trainer. I place my bag down and get straight into my workout which I have to do one day before a game, just a superstition I have.

After 1 hour of consistent workout, I hear a lot of male voices enter the facilities, I wonder whom those voices belong too. "Briar!" A familiar male voice calls out, I turn around and see my brother, Robbie along with a few, okay maybe nearly all of his teammates. I smile, "Hi". My coach Natalie walks into the room, "Ah Briar I see you've met the boys" referring to Robbie and that whose just standing there. "Yeah, I have" I simply reply, Natalie was quick for her response "Now, Briar finish up with your workout and find Isabell, then find us out in the lecture theatre". I nod then finish off my workout with 20 crunches, 30 jumping jacks, 20 sit ups and 40 chin ups.

I thank Georgie as she heads out to the lecture theatre, I place my things in my locker and head to find Isabell. I look on the 'Whereabouts of the players', Isabell... My eyes trail up and down the board when Isabell's name come into site. 'Race Track' it read. I jog out the the race track and see Isabell recording her time down. "Isabell!" I shout so she could hear me, as I got closer "Hey B" she says with a smile. I smile in return, "Natalie wants us in the lecture theatre", Isabell looks confused "Why?". I laugh at her facial expression before answering, "The Port Boys are here". "Oohhh, makes sense now" she laughs.

We both jog into the building then walk into the lecture theatre. Isabell whispered, "We should've put a jacket on" her referring to us just wearing a sports bra and Nike pro shorts. I nod in agreement, Natalie wakes us up from our conversation. "So as you all probably know, this is Isabell our Captain and Briar our Vice", "Before we introduce you all to the rest of the team, whom are scattered around the place. Ken and I will be pairing you up with the girls". The boys broke into chatter, Isabell and I had our own conversation. I scanned my eyes across the lecture theatre where the boys sit, one boy caught my eye. Hamish Hartlett. I shake the thought out of my head, as I think I could have a chance with him but I smiled at the thought.

We split into a few groups after the leadership group gets introduced. I end up showing Ollie, Robbie, Charlie, Hamish, Chad, Matt, Kane and Billy around, introducing them to staff, players also if we passed them. They asked a lot of questions, I was hoping they would be silent, well I was wrong.

"How many hours do you train for?" - Charlie
"Who's that? The blonde one with braids?" - Ollie
"Any weird player superstitions?" Robbie
"Who's your goal scorers?" - Chad
"Who's the fastest?" - Matt

Kane and Billy were not quite at all, they were ranting on about something, I don't actually know what. I tried to answer all questions as best as I could.
"Usually 4-5 hours, depends what position you play", "That's Chelsey, and before you ask Ollie, yes she's single". Ollie chimed in, "you know me so well". It's true, I've known him for 4 years. "Yes but I'll tell you them later, there is a lot", "Riley, Maddi, Kate, Brooklyn, Chelsey, Brooke, Vanessa and Ashley". "The fastest would have to be one of the Centres or Goal Attacks".

Once the tour was over, we all met up outside, "So I know, all of you are wondering whom is the fastest, you're questioning is about to be answered" Natalie said, loud enough so everyone heard. Isabell, Maddi, Chelsey, Abby, Gracie, Brooklyn, Katie and I were all lined up, awaiting the whistle to signal go.

"Get Ready!" Natalie shouted. We get into starting positions, I feel a little unstable. "Set!". I breathe out to calm myself, why am I so nervous to do this run? Ugh no Briar, clear mind. All you need to do is run to the finish line. It's only 100 meters. "Go!". I run, as fast as I could, Chelsey and I are neck a neck. I break into a sprit, I lead the pack after 50meteres. "And there you have it, Briar is the fastest" Natalie yelled out. Everyone applauded.

After I finished my warm down from that run, don't want to pull a muscle. I head back into the indoor area where there was a lot of fruit, everyone had started eating already. Isabell walks over with a smile on her face "Briar, you'll never believe what I found out!". You could easily tell she was excited, I start to wonder what has happened whilst I was outside. "What? -" I asked, Isabell was quick to speak, not even letting me finish, "I hear that Hamish has a thing for you". I blushed without even noticing, "No way, that would never happen". Isabell laughed, "You like him don't you" she gave me a playful punch. "No, I don't" I lied, Isabell argued with me until Robbie and Travis came over to talk to us.

"What's all this bickering over here?" Travis asked, Isabell and I both laughed. Robbie and Travis exchange confused looks, Isabell soon answered "We weren't bickering, I was simply telling Briar that she has a crush on Hamish", Isabell soon realised she was talking a little too loud... Great. "Isabell would you like to be any louder?" I say annoyed. "Woah, never expected that but just to tell you, Hamish has got a thing for you aswell" Travis said, "So you're in luck" Robbie added. I blushed a little, "awww there Briar goes again, every time someone mentions Hamish she blushes" Isabell aws. We end up talking about the netball rules as they are all going to the game tomorrow.

Natalie tells us the time, 6pm. I say bye to most people, gather all my stuff and head out to my car to drive home.

I get home and cook lasagna, I always have to have lasagna the night before a match. Whilst my lasagna was heating up in the microwave, my phone dinged. I have no clue who would text me right now, I don't recognise the number.

Unknown- Hey Briar, It's Hamish. Hamish Hartlett
Me- Oh, it's you Hamish. Aha, Hey

I quickly add him to my contacts, then a question unfolds in my head, 'how did he get my number?'.

Hamish- Robbie gave me your number, you excited for the grand final?
Me- Excited and nervous to be honest, you watching?
Hamish- Don't be nervous, you'll play amazing! Yeah, Robbie keeps telling me how much he enjoys watching you play so I thought I'd see it for myself
Me- Aha, well I have to go and do my night before game day routine, so I'll see you tomorrow. Bye :)
Hamish- Okie, bye ;)

I smile and take my lasagna out of the microwave, 4 minutes later ate it. I do my night before game day routine and go to bed.