Chapter 1 | Nightmares

Raven quickly got up from her sleep as she breath heavily. She got those nightmares again. Where her demonic brothers use her as an ultimate weapon to bring her father to the earth again and create so much destructions.

   But this time, in her dream, her friends were killed that means the nightmares are real. Raven's demonic brothers are contacting Raven. It's a warning. If Raven doesn't surrender, then, her brothers will kill all of her closest friends. Starting from the Titans and then the Justice League, and so on.

   All of sudden, her tears streaming down her face. She knew why tears are starting dripping down her cheeks. Those nightmares. Especially where her friends were killed. She wiped her tears and decided to took a bath. Once she get into bathtub, she felt comfortable. The water was warm and the bath bombs she just throw was fuzzy and colorful. Perfect. Everyone loves a perfect bath.

   After about ten minutes on the bathroom, she get out of the bathtub quickly and wrapped towels around her body. She use her magic to wear herself some comfortable clothes as she started to dry her hair out. It was four in the morning. She skipped her meditating routine knowing that if she meditate, her brothers will contact her and gave her horrible visions.

   She went to the kitchen to make herself some tea. She boil the water in the kettle and began to think about her nightmares as she waited the boiling water is done. Should she surrender to her demonic brothers? No. She's not weak. But she is weaker than them. They're demons. Raven is just a half-demon. She inherited only some of her father's powers.

   As she drowned in deep thoughts, the kettle began to make a loud noise. She quickly turn off the stove and began pouring the water onto a mug filled with herbal leaves beside her. She stir it down and after she finish, she bring her tea along with her to the common room. She put her tea down to the table in front of her as she sit down slowly. Once she sit down the sofa, her right hand opened a portal and reached the bookshelf on her room. She grabbed one out of many books she had and bring it to her so she can read it.

   Early morning atmosphere is good. Everything's so chill and quiet. Her eyes swirling around the pages as she read the book. Damian was up already and decided to sit beside her. Raven sighed and shut her book down and sipped another drip of her tea. "You're disturbing the peace" said Raven as she glanced towards the Boy Wonder sitting beside her.

   "What is that?" He asked as he pointed the mug Raven's hold. "It smells good" he continued. Raven hand her mug over Damian. "It's herbal tea. Wanna try?" She offered. Damian wasn't sure whether to accept the tea she offered or not. But the smells is good. Well, taking a sip of Raven's herbal tea wouldn't kill him.

   It was surprisingly good. He handed the mug over the Demon Princess and thanked her. Silence crawled between the two birds. Raven continued reading her book while Damian took the moment to gaze upon her. She is quietly beautiful in her own way. The way she read her book, the way she sipped her tea. It's beautiful. Why is he getting this weird feelings? It's like flowers blooming inside his stomach. Maybe it's just the side effect of puberty?

   Puberty. Yeah, that's probably the reason why he has this kind of feelings. He's sixteen now so do Raven. He has grown a few inches taller from the Demon Princess. They changed so much this past two years.

   Raven was feeling so uneasy because she felt that Damian was just staring at her this whole time. "I'm surprised you haven't trained this morning" she said breaking the silence. "Tt. You haven't meditate this morning either" he quickly answered as he scoffed. She was surprised that he knew she haven't meditate this morning. But he's the Son of Batman anyways.

   "Is there something wrong?" He asked towards Raven. She closed her book again and put it down on her thighs. "No" she answered shortly. But Damian could sense that she was feeling uneasy. "Tt. You're lying. I can tell since we have a bond" he answered. Raven raised one eyebrow as she glanced upon Damian. But actually that's true. Raven accidentally created a bond between them when she healed Damian two years ago. Raven have been inside his mind and so do Damian. He have been inside her mind too so he can conclude if Raven was feeling uncomfortable.

   "It's nothing" she snapped. She quickly got up and bring her empty mug along with her. Damian was still questioning about her as she wash her mug but she just shrug it off. She quickly walked away from Damian and went to the roof since it's six in the morning already, she wanted to enjoy the morning sunrise.

   The morning breeze stroke her hair and making it pacing back and forth. She's buried in deep thoughts. Damian probably knew that she was different this morning. But should she tell Damian about this? She has grained his trust and Damian has grained her trust but she doesn't want anyone to get involved in this disaster. Maybe the princess can safe herself. That's probably a good story.

   Raven could hear a faint steps heading towards her. "Raven?" Kori asked as she glanced over the Tamaranian Princess who is now standing right beside her. "I knew you would be here" she continued as she gave a bright and warm smile. "Damian said that you were feeling uncomfortable. What is it about?" She asked. Raven narrowed her eyes. Of course Damian would tell their leader about it. "You can tell us. We're a family, remember?" She asked started to comfort Raven.

   Raven closed her eyes, sighed, and opened her eyes. "I do remember. How could I forget about that?" Raven answered slowly. She started looking down her feet. Her little bangs are pacing back and forth covering her half of her face. "But sometimes, there's some place in my mind that someone can't never ever go" she said. Kori was confused of course, but she quickly understand that. "I supposed to said that to Damian but I don't want to miss this morning sunrise" she continued; lifting her head up upon the Tamaranian and smiled.

"Trust me Kori, everything's will be alright"

[end of chapter one]