Eighteen.

The weekend trip to the Hamptons had finally came to an end. My parents have grown very fond of Nathan in the past few days, my brother not so much. I was surprised how quickly my father and Nathan started bonding. They even planned to get lunch in the next week.

My mother explained to me that she wanted me to marry Nathan. I however wasn't surprised by this, because ever since I turned 18 she's been trying to marry me off to someone. At least this man is my boyfriend. At this point my family, aside from Sean, is very fond of Nathan.

"Baby, did you start packing?" Nathan asked me, walking into the bedroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. He had just stepped out of the shower and has water dripping down his body.

"Uh..no?" I said, not even thinking about packing and focusing on my boyfriends abs.

"We have to leave in an hour." He told me, taking some clothes set out on the bed for him.

"I'm gonna get dressed then help your family with their luggage." He told me after he finished getting dressed. Nathan kissed my forehead and left the room.

As I started taking clothes out of the dresser and putting them in my suitcase I heard the sound of the Marimba ringtone. I looked on the bed and saw an unknown number flash on the screen of Nathan's phone.

Should I answer it? What if it's work?

As I was about to say hello to the person on the other line and explain that Nathan wasn't available at the moment I heard a woman's voice.

"Nathan, babe why haven't you been answering my calls?"

Who is this woman and who does she think she is calling my boyfriend 'babe'?

"Leave your pregnant girlfriend already she's not even worth all the trouble you're going through with your father. Honestly babe we've known each other for forever why waste what we have on some poor girl who's just after your money?"

I recognized the voice of the woman on the other side of the phone, to say the least I wasn't surprised she would say those things about me.

I felt hurt and insulted. She doesn't know me or my family so the fact that she would say something like that makes my blood boil.

How could she say I'm after Nathan's money? My family isn't exactly rich but we have enough money to support ourselves without the help of Nathan or anyone else.

"Actually this is Bethany speaking." I said in the most polite way possible without sounding snotty.

"Ugh of course the gold digger took his phone too, like his money wasn't enough. What do you want, slut?" Savannah asked me in a rude tone.

"I want you to stop talking about my family as if you know them. You can say whatever you want about me, but that's where I draw the line."

"Aww the gold digger cares about her family, that's cute. Anyway, could you pass a message on to Nathan?" She asked me, knowing she'd struck a chord.

"Sure, no problem." I had to at least make it seem like she wasn't bothering me. 

"Tell him that the bouquet of flowers sent to my office were lovely and tell him that I say yes to dinner on Friday night. Thanks, Bianca." Savannah said, before hanging up the phone.

I knew she was trying to get to me by calling me Bianca but I wasn't bothered by that. I was bothered by the fact that Nathan would send her flowers and ask her to dinner.

What kind of boyfriend sends flowers to another girl and asks her to dinner?

Would he cheat on me?

As soon as I thought about that I immediately shook my head, trying to get the thought out of my mind. I finished packing my clothes,
thinking about what I should do.

"Alright, your parents are ready. Have you finished packing yet?" Nathan asked me.

"Mhm." I say, refusing to look at him and looking at his shoes instead.

"What's wrong?"

"Savannah called, she said thank
you for the flowers and yes to your dinner." I announced, still refusing to look at Nathan's face. I saw his hand clench into a fist and he brought his hand up to his neck and rub the back of it nervously.

"Shit. Babe, I can explain." Nathan told me, as I threw his phone to him and started picking up my suitcase.

"No, you're not allowed to call me that. Maybe you should call your other girlfriend that." I said, angrily. I pulled my suitcase into the hallway and lugged it down the stairs and out to the car.

"Bethany she's nothing to me. You're my girlfriend and the only woman in my life. I love you and there's no one else." He said holding his head in his hands.

"Then what the hell are you doing sending another girl flowers and asking her to dinner?" I shout.

"She's been contacting me for a while ever since she found out about you and the baby. She wants to be with me and I sent her flowers and a note explaining I didn't want to be with her and that we needed to have a talk. The note also asked her to dinner so we could talk more about the situation." Nathan explained, he looked very nervous and scared.

"I have no intentions of being with this woman. As I've said, it's only you. I would never do anything to risk losing you or the family that we're starting." Nathan told me, grabbing for my hands.

"You promise?" I asked, not knowing what to do in situations like this.

"I promise." He said, offering me his pinky to do a pinky promise.

"I don't usually say this and mean it about people, but I hate her." I said as Nathan pulled me into a tight hug.

Nathan chucked and I felt the rumble of his chest on my head.

"I know, babe. I love you."

"I love you, too."