Five: The Mate

Ever since Boston started living with the pack he's been taking Avis to school with him. Obviously I gave him clear cut rules, to not focus on the wolf during work and to stay calm and centred. Any situation that could aggravate him now...could potentially change him, and with Avis in the same room I couldn't fathom the danger.

"I'll teach you how to use the mind link today...and a family trick" I patted him on the shoulder as I walked with Avis and him to the edge of the forest. He seemed excited and took off with the Little Monster quickly after that.

After that Raw came by to talk to me and Falcon, he had a giddy and boyish smile on his face.

"You look really scary, man" Falcon commented with weary eyes, I think it was the widest smile I've ever seen in my twenty years of life. His large brown orbs were bursting out of his sockets while his grin showed off all his pearly whites, Raw's sharp canines on perfect display. I furrowed my brows at his expression.

"What did you do?" Was the instinctual question that came to mind. His smile instantly vanished.

"Why do you always think I've done something bad?"

"Because you're the big bad wolf" I rolled my eyes sarcastically.

"No, no babe, that's you" I shot him a look of disapproval at his nickname for me.

"Shut up. Get to the point of this conversation"

"Your sister is a buzz kill" Raw said to Falcon while shaking his head. I opened my mouth to retort but he jumped in and spoke "I'm throwing a party"

"Finally" Falcon whined.

"Tonight. I just had to ask you something" he says, looking at me, I send him a curious but unsurprised expression "Can we throw it on top of the basement?" He said, referring to the underground room we use for our captives.

"I don't see a problem. We'll turn on the electrical force field to block the basements door. Nobody is allowed in there" I said with a pointed expression "I'll hold you fully responsible."

His eyes enlarged with fear "Shit man, don't look at me like that. I swear I'll be responsible" I scoffed at his words, challenging him.

"We'll be there" Falcon stepped in with a wolfish grin, his fangs were out with excitement.

After a heavy lunch I walked over to The Shed where I practiced with Master Atticus for a while. I spent a few good hours with him until it was time to get ready for Raw's party.

"Be safe" my mother muttered lovingly, placing kisses on both of our foreheads while sitting down in front of the television set with my little sister, watching some animated wolf movie I couldn't recognise.

"Always" I replied, adjusting my leather jacket. The night would be chilly- even though the weather wouldn't affect me- or any other wolf, for that matter. I paired up my jacket with dark ripped jeans and a white t-shirt inside and heavy combat boots. I was a walking contrast to Falcon who was wearing maroon collared shirt with beige chinos and black shoes.

We walked together, silently for the most part. Until he asked about Boston.

"Oh shit" I mentally face palmed myself.

I opened the mind link with Raw, I felt the connection a few moments after restlessly waiting.

did you invite Boston? I asked, feeling agitated after lingering for his reply.

No, was I supposed to.

I audibly groaned. Of course you were supposed to you idiot! He's my First Wolf!