Summer Camp| one| Chloe|

One| Chloe ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I sat on my bed, my arms crossed over my chest. This year, my mother had the brilliant idea to send me on summer camp. I don't want to go, and especially not this summer. I'm sixteen years old now, this is not how I want it to be...

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Chloe, honey! Have you already packed your stuff? We need to leave in two hours!" My mom shouted from downstairs. I groaned and rolled my eyes, hearing her heels click on the wooden staircase.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My mom opened my bedroom door slowly and frowned as she saw how my clothes were just spread on the ground. "Chloe, why haven't you packed yet?" She asked half shocked, half annoyed.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Because I don't want to go. Why can't I just stay at Paige's? Or at Nia's? I'm sure they will let me live with them these two months." I complained, redness reaching my features. I need to go on a stupid summer camp, and that's something I can't avoid.

"Sweety, I'm sorry. But you know how work is for me lately. And I can't let you alone a whole two months. Ever since your dad—" she said, holding her hand before her mouth. I sighed and swallowed, guilt crawling up into my body as I saw my mother fighting against her tears.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"It's okay mom, he chose to leave us. That's his problem..." I whispered, wrapping my arms around my mother. But I have to admit that I fought against my tears as well. It hurts, but I guess I can handle these things better than my mother.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I've had this feeling before, the feeling of someone special leaving me.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You know Chloe... I've heard that many kids your age go to that camp. So you won't be alone. Plus, boys go there too. Maybe you'll have a new boyfriend?" My mom said, her eyes sparkling. She sprouted her lips and I slapped her softly on her arm, my cheeks flushing red by her comment.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Mom!" I squealed, a sound that looks like a laugh escaping my mouth. "See? I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Let's pack your stuff now, together?" My mother offered, her glossed lips forming a friendly smile on her face. "I'm going to miss my little girl these two months." She said, stuffing my bikinis into my suitcases.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Mom I'm already sixteen." I whizzed, affected by the comment 'little girl'. But apparently, I can't blame her for it. I'm the only one she has at home...

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Already sixteen..." My mother exhaled, "you grow up so fast." She sighed, tapping her chest on her heart. "I love you my little chlobird, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it at summer camp" my mom said while she brushed a strain of her blonde-dyed hair behind her ear.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I know mom, and I love you too. Maybe it's going to be better than I think." I murmured, closing my suitcase. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

This is it, let's go on summer camp. Let the two months begin...

{ end of chap } Opinions? xoxo