Chapter 13 - Changes

Alejandro and Sierra scoffed at their pancakes, faces and fingers starting to become covered with syrup. Alejandro's eyes widened at the red glows coming from his pancakes and he was attacked by a couple of rats.
"Ow!" He yelled, flailing about.
"Oh, yeah! There might be some booby traps and fiesty ingredients in those pain-cakes!" Chris called smugly, sipping from a coconut shell.
"Are those blueberries?" Sierra questioned, looking at some small purple-like spheres before eating them.
"I've never heard of fish eyes being called that but sure."
Sierra threw up at that and she was benched. Then Cam shot forward in her place, eating up while the Hamsters cheered him on. Gwen flinched once she heard someone cough and she looked up to see Trent standing next to her. Gwen glared at him and turned away, shifting closer to her team. Trent tried to get closer but Mike and Zoey stepped in his way, both also sending a glare to Courtney who looked down, ashamed.
"Thanks, guys." The goth murmured quietly.

Confessional
"He thinks he can get Gwen to forgive him," Zoey rolled her eyes. "Like hell that's gonna happen! That jerk deserves whatever is coming to him!"

Challenge
Alejandro's time was up and he hurried through the course as best as he could, successfully making it to the end without throwing up. The others gagged slightly. Then Scott was forced forward by Heather and he started to eat.
Cam looked up as a racoon came out of the pancakes and tackled him, snarling. It's nose twitched and it caught a whiff of his scent before dashing off to throw up. The heavenly choir sounded and Cameron started to run forward with the others still cheering him on. However as soon as he got to the first challenge, he tried to jump only to miscalculate it and fall to the mud.
"I'm stuffed like a thanksgiving pigeon." Scott groaned just as the vultures screech filled his ears. He took off. Duncan prepared himself for his turn. Cameron groaned, forgetting about the boot only to and up flying through the air, past the salad spinner and into a tree. The branch cracked and he fell into another and then another as he got closer to the ground. He landed on a nest before being knocked out of the tree and falling down next to Sierra. Chris, being the sadistic bastard he is, laughed at his pain and allowed the Heroic Hamsters a point. Courtney shot forward to eat at the pancake, Scott clutching as his stomach as he hurried as best as he could. Scott succeeded, lying on his back. The cheering died down quite a bit as Courtney ate up,  making the C.I.T feel even worse than she did before. Green jelly then exploded onto her and she screamed, running about. The sound off hit her ears and she ran forward, still screaming. Duncan wasn't too far behind, cheeks filling up. His lips were bruised from a rat trap clamping on them, making the bad boy groan at his new appearance. The vultures screech went off and he headed down the course. The two ran across the rolling pins until Duncan threw up, falling to the mud.
"Ew!" He complained, getting up and sitting on the bench. Courtney made it to the end, bringing another point to the Heroic Hamsters. Mike darted forward for the Hamsters while Trent got up for the Vultures. The two started to glare at each other, like a silent challenge. For Gwen. Mike's time was up and he looked down to see a stick of dynamite which exploded. He flew through the air yelling and he landed in the spinner, going for a ride. He fell out successfully and gasped, his darker side coming through.
"Can't resist a little chaos." He laughed evilly and tampered with the machine before changing back. He laughed lightheartedly.
"Why am I laughing when I feel like barfing?" He questioned as Trent landed in the machine. It spun around and an indicator went off, signalling that it was more dangerous than before. Smoke emitted from the machine and Trent shot through the air far away. The pancake sizes were neck-in-neck as Gwen headed forward to eat up. Heather scoffed at the pancake and soon enough the two headed through the obstacle course successfully. Then that left Zoey against Alejandro who went up again.
"Come on, you can do it!" Duncan chanted Alejandro on before pulling back. "I mean, whatever."
"It's okay to be a team player." Mike reassured, earning a sceptical look. "What?"
"Just something about your voice that's kinda familiar." Duncan hummed. The last of the pancakes were eaten up and the two made a run for it, trying to pass each other. Both landed in the salad spinner at the same time and were spun around before Zoey fell out along with Alejandro. But Zoey was just a moment quicker.
"AND THE HEROIC HAMSTERS WIN!"
"YAHOO!" The others made a run for Zoey and they all started cheering.

Elimination Ceremony
"Heather, you're on the chopping block for your continuous complaining," Chris stated, making the dark-haired female cross her arms. "And Trent, you're on the chopping block for your dishonesty and infidelity." Trent glanced away. "And the loser is..."
Chris paused for dramatic effect, making everyone watch with worry.
"Trent!"
"Yes!" Heather cheered, catching her marshmallow.
"I also need a volunteer to go to Boney Island tonight."
"I'll-" Gwen was cut off.
"I'll do it." Courtney stood up, making the others stare at her. She hopped down and made her way off with Chef to get to the island.  Gwen watched her with shock. Did Courtney really just do that? For her?
"That was really selfless of her." Zoey murmured. "I think she really does feel bad for kissing Trent behind your back, Gwen." Gwen sighed and looked down at her lap. Maybe she was willing to forgive Courtney.

The group all stood together on the balcony, having their dinner out there in front of the sunset.  Cameron moved forward when suddenly he tripped and landed on his face.
"Wow, Cam, are you okay?" Mike questioned helping him up. He handed him his glasses. "Here you go buddy." However the glasses were broken. Zoey let out a horrified gasp.

Confessional
"I can't belive what I just saw!  Or have just seen! No, saw. Either way, I can't believe it! Why would Mike trip up Cameron? I thought they were friends!" Zoey ranted quietly. "Did Mike break Trent's guitar too? And Sierra's smartphone? But why?!"

Hotel
Zoey lightly nudged Gwen and beckoned her away from the group to chat with her.
"You're probably not gonna believe me, I don't believe it myself." Zoey murmured. "But Mike tripped Cameron up!"
"No!" Gwen looked shocked. "He would never do that! Would he? But then again," the Goth hummed in thought. "Mike has been acting a little weird ever since his personalities stopped showing up. Do you think he found a way to stop them? Or maybe it's something worse than that."
"I don't know but I'm kind of worried." Zoey admitted. Something popped into Gwen's head, making her think even more.
"Could it be...? No. Mike reassured me that that part of him was gone. But..." Gwen trailed off, glancing at her best friend. "If the stories he told me are really that bad then we might have a problem."