Chapter Three

"I love you."

"I -.. I .. I love you too."

"I'm so happy my necklace went off.  I'm so glad I found you, finally after eighteen years."

"Me too.. me too."

I was being embraced in the strong arms of my perfect match.  He was tall, muscular, smart, and charming.  Though something felt off.  I just didn't feel comfortable telling him I loved him THAT fast.  I hesitated at first, but then I realized, what was I so scared about?  My necklace had gone burning hot, and that means he was the one.  So I finally got the guts and told him I loved him.  He unwrapped his arms from around me, and put them on my shoulders instead.  He smiled at me, and told me that he loved my eyes, that they looked so gentle which was hard to find in the eyes of a teenage girl in this year.  

"Arielle."

"Yes?"

"Arielle?"

"Uh.. yeah?"

He cleared his throat.  "ARIELLE." 

"Oh my God, what!?" 

"Ms. Carter!"

"I heard you the first hundred times!  What do you - "

SLAM.

"Ms. Carter.  I expect you to be paying full attention in my class.  You're having a unit test soon, and this stuff is extremely important."  I looked up to see my algebra teacher, Mrs. Glasgow.  She had slammed a ruler down on my desk, snapping me out of my daydream.  Damn it, how I wish I wasn't dreaming.  I just wanted to hurry up and get this damn love thing over with.

"I.. I'm sorry, Mrs. Glasgow."  I stuttered the same way as in my daydream.  She looked sternly at me for a few seconds then leaned against the blackboard, pointed to it, and began speaking to me.

"Now, assuming that maybe you were paying attention to the information but were just in deep thought about the question, please, share with us the answer to the equation on the board."

Crap.

"Um..." I opened my textbook and notebook to make it look like I was actually doing something, when really I had no clue what the answer was or what to look for.  I was about to take a wild guess, when somebody behind me cough-whispered the answer to me.

*Cough*"Ten"*cough*

"Uh... Ten..?" I said, doubting the answer.

Mrs. Glasgow stared at me, then at the person behind me.  

"Thank you for helping her, Brendan.  Ms. Carter, I'll need to speak to you after class."

This comment had caused a few "Oooooh"s and laughs to break out in the classroom.

I sunk lower into my seat, and nodded slowly.  Not only was this dumb rushed love thing making me stressed, but it was also going to end up lowering my grades.  Mrs. Glasgow was just about to ask another question, but the bell interrupted her.

"Class dismissed. Arielle, please stay behind."  

The other students stood up, gathering their books, pens and bags, and walked out of the room to go to their next class.

Yay, I was probably going to be late, too.  More humiliation.

"Arielle, please, have a seat."

I sat back down in a chair at the front of the glass, and she stood leaning against her desk in front of me.