Seeing The invisible

~Reader POV~

I was knocked out at my desk, drool and everything, waiting for this stupid class to be over. At the moment I was in my math class, only realizing I am awesome at math and this is a waste of time. I just want to go home, but nope, three more classes to go, life's a bitch. Finally, after what feels like forever, the bell rings so loud, my eardrums probably were destroyed in the process, not concerning that I was put right under it.

I lazily slump out of my chair and started out the room along with my other classmates. All of a sudden, I feel something underneath my fingertips. It's the side of the door panel. I mentally slapped myself, I did it again. I know I didn't want to touch the filthy, dusty school door panel for no reason. I bring my hand down slowly, but it just doesn't feel right, it feels as if something is missing every time I do it. I look back in the room, a chill went down m spine. It always made me so uneasy, especially when it feels as if someone is following me, or watching me.

It wasn't always this tense when I did things, It all began during the middle of summer vacation - When no one was around.

Flashback- Summertime

"Ugh, why is it so hot?" I asked to no one in particular. "I'm tired, but I can't go to sleep, what's the matter with me?!?!!"

I sat up from my bed and headed towards my kitchen, just to get a cold drink. In my fridge, I literally had barely any food, cause I'm just a highschooler who has a part time job. I pick up the last (drink) and start drinking it. It definitely hit the spot.

I headed back to my room, to try to get some more rest. As I walk there I hear a faint ... something. I couldn't clearly hear it, but I knew it was there. I look around my room to see what was making a sound. Nothing, I found nothing. So I gave up and laid down in my bed. I feel this slight pressure on my stomach, but I ignore it, probably tiredness kicking in. I slowly close my eyes and fall asleep. I still hear the sound within my dream, Except I heard it clearly - it was crying.

Crying that came from the heart, it almost made me come to tears as well. I couldn't take it anymore I open my eyes, just to stare at my roof, realizing that a couple hours had passed. I also realize that my hand is hovering over my blanket, slowly going down. I didn't understand why that happened, so I just let it fall. But doing that somehow activated my tears, I completely questioned why tears were slowly rolling down my cheeks. I sat up from my original position, only to be shocked by something I must have been immune to for a few minutes. The crying, it had continued.

I was utterly confused, where was it coming from and who is it. It obviously wasn't me, even though tears were flowing. I began to get out of my bed, the pressure lifting up until it was no longer. I stood up, although the sound decreased. I wanted to find out what it was before it disappeared again. I want to stop it before it makes me go insane. After looking for a couple minutes, the sound was completely gone. Dammit.

I finally gave up looking and decided it was time for me to get out of the house, maybe some fresh air would help. I look outside my window to see how the weather was, it wasn't too bad, but it looked as if the rain would come in a while. I thought whether I should go out or not, but I didn't care anymore, so I put on my shoes and did my hair. I opened the door to my home to see my neighbor's daughter getting the mail. Their daughter was a good friend of mine, so I called out to her.

"Lizzie!!" I said as I walked across the street. Lizzie's golden hair flipped as she turned around and smiled. She was definitely glad to see me.

"(y/n)! What are you doing outside? I for sure thought you were going to stay inside all summer." She joked as I laughed along. "Besides the fact that you wanted to see me, what did you come out for?" She asked, more calmly.