Victory and Loss

"This is day 2 of the 2004 Athen Olympic, and we have great news for the Shooting event!" the news reporter exclaims. 

"That's right, the Men's 50m pistol is being held at this very moment, and surprisingly Kang Chul from South Korea is doing very well " a second reporter announces. 

"Isn't it true that Kang Chul is only seventeen years old?" 

"Ah yes, and that's what makes the whole thing so exciting. He is so close to winning the gold medal...wait...did he just... " 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Kang Chul just shot the final bullet and has won the gold medal! This is the first time Korea has won a gold medal in shooting since 1993!" the first reporter announces enthusiastically. 

Kang Chul runs to his father and tackles him with a hug,  while smiling and shouting from his unexpected victory

Kang Chul runs to his father and tackles him with a hug,  while smiling and shouting from his unexpected victory. His father hugs him with a twinkle of pride in his eyes and rejoices with his son. The other competitors look on with envious disdain as news reporters begin to crowd around Kang Chul and his father. 

A Year later

News reporter: "We have just received news of Kang Chul, a former national athlete, getting arrested for murdering his family. Kang Chul's father, mother and two younger siblings were found dead in their home with bullet shots to their heads. The pistol used to kill them was found not far from their house and was identified as the same pistol Kang Chul used to win the gold medal in the olympics of 2004. Not only that, but his fingerprints were also found on the pistol..."