Fîftëëñ

Brads PoV,

Her text sounded desperate. She felt lonely? Why would she feel lonely? She seems to have a big house, I just assumed she had a big family. Maybe they're all out, or she just needs company. You know what I found weird? She sent me a text.

From: That Girl Phoebe
Don't knocks or anything, just text me when you're here and I'll come out.

It's suspicious to me, she's not letting me knock? I mean, I'll respect her and not do so, but what is so bad about knocking?

Is she ashamed of me? Does she not want anyone to know who I am? Oh what the hell. I can't let my mind go into overdrive over a girl I don't even properly know yet.

It's crazy, I feel like she's different. I know a lot of people say that but I mean it. I feel like she's hiding a lot, and wish that I was there more for her. To be honest I was happy she text me, it made me smile. As I pull up to her house I see her already waiting. Okaii then.

"Hiiii," she smiles and gets into the passenger seat.

"Hey, so just go wherever I end up?" I double check with her. I got a full tank, in case I decide to drive out for longer than planned.

"Yup, that's the plan!" She giggles. Her giggle is cute, and puts a smile on my face as I pull out. I got some food in the back, I don't think it's a date, though I think that I'm wishing it was. Who wouldn't want to date Phoebe? She reaches and turns on the radio, humming along to some song that I'm not familiar with. She has a nice voice, I could listen to her for ages.

About an hour drive and we end up literally in the middle of nowhere, and it's great. It's not dark yet, so I park and we both get out. I get the blanket and the food, and see her shocked face when I shut the car door.

"You didn't have to do this..." She mumbles.

"Who says any of it is for you?" I smirk back at her only for her to make a shocked face then giggle. We walk up to the middle of the field and sit on the blanket.

"Thanks for bringing me here, I feel like I can breathe," she tells me.

"I don't mind, it's nice to get away from the busy city life. It's better here sometimes, but I wouldn't want to live here. I'm used to he busy city life," I tell her.

"Oh I would love to move out, anywhere that's not where I am now. Maybe a small cottage big enough just for me and a dog." She giggles, imagining her perfect home. Why is she so desperate to get out of her home?

"What kind of dog?" I ask her, taking interest in what she has to say.

"Hmmm, maybe a husky, or a golden retriever," she smiles.

"I have a golden retriever, she's called Jess," I smile. We've had her for ages, wouldn't change her for the world.

"Awww, I might steal her off of you," she jokes.

"Noooo she's my baby," I smile. She's my world, guess she always has been.

"That's so adorable," Phoebe adds. Her smile on her face is genuine and she's so beautiful. It's warm so she pulls up her sleeves, telling me about some drunk guy at work who fell over his own feet. It's not until there's silence that she meets my gaze.

Her arms are covered in bruises, some look older than others, and trust me I'd know.

"Brad..." She whispers.

"Who hurt you Phoebe?" I choke out. Who would hit a girl. What coward would do that?

"It's from when that man attacked me," she whispers. But that was ages ago, some look barely a day old. I'm puzzled. Do they hit her at home? Is that why she wants to get out? Or does she have an abusive boyfriend I don't know about? Or am I just over reacting?

"Brad..." She says and I look up at her. There's hurt in her eyes, but a smile on her lips.

"Yeah?" I ask. She takes my hand and stands up, me following her actions.

"Can you take me home?" She whispers. Oh. I nod, knowing that she felt uncomfortable as she rolled down her sleeves. This is so not okaii.

🌸hey! So what ya think?🌸