Colors.

The way that I loved him was Pink. Light pink, like the color my cheeks would turn when he would say my name. Pink was the color that consumed me whenever we would touch. Pink was full of laughter and youthfulness, but pink quickly faded.

The way that I loved him was Green. So fresh and so new, the world was so exciting and everything in it was Green. Green was the promise of forever, but green quickly faded and became dull.

The way that I loved him was Blue. Deep blue, as vast as the ocean and as beautiful as his eyes. Blue was deep and dark, but slowly faded.

The way that I loved him was Red. Bright, fiery red. The way we fought was intense and the way we loved, even more so. Red was passionate and meaningful, but red lost its spark and faded.

The way that I loved him was Orange. The summer sun danced in the sky and our skin became the sun kissed color of our love. Orange was a beautiful distraction, but as the nights grew longer and the summer sun began to set, Orange quickly faded.

The way that I loved him was Yellow. So bright and happy, Yellow made me feel like I had never been loved before. Everything around me became Yellow and everything seemed to be happy. Yellow was too perfect, too bright, too easy. Yellow to faded...

The way that I love me is Black. So empty and so lonely and void of color. I need color to remind me that the world can be beautiful, but that is the problem with Black...

Every other color is made darker by Black.