Chapter 2

Brooke's POV:

The first day was finally over. I don't have any classes with Chad, which I expected not to because he is a year older than me, but I do have lunch with him.

I walked outside to find Chloe. "Hey, you wanna come by my house today?" I asked her.

"I can't, I have to go pick up my little sister and stay with her until my mom gets home. She's working late," Chloe told me.

"Oh okay, I'll text you later then," I said and waited by the bus stop.

I saw Chad walking over to the same bus stop that I was at. Oh my god, what do I do? I'll just pretend to listen to music and go on my phone.

I went on my phone, but then felt a light tap on my arm. I looked up to see Chad. My heart started pounding and I smiled.

"Hi," Chad smiled at me.

"H-hi," I managed to get out, even though I choked on my spit and I'm 99.9% sure he noticed.

"What's up? You okay?" he asked me.

I nodded my head yes, while still trying to calm myself down.

"How was your summer? How come you stopped texting me?" he asked.

"I thought you didn't want to text me so I didn't reply back to you," I answered him.

"Why would you think that?" he asked.

"Because you were being kind of dry and I didn't want to bother you," I confessed.

"You weren't bothering me," he assured me and gave me a charming smile. I smiled back.

"I gotta go, but I'll be seeing you, okay?" Chad smiled.

"Okay," I smiled back. WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THAT?

He went over to his friends and then I went on the bus.

I texted Chloe immediately.

Me: chloe! chloe! guess what!

Chloe: What?

Me: Chad just talked to me!!!!!!!

Chloe: about what?

Me: well not a lot he just asked why i never replied to his message and i told him bc i wasnt trying to bother him and he said i wasnt bothering him. and then he said "he'll be seeing me" OMG!!!! idk what that means but im sure its something good!!! ahh!!

Chloe: LOL wow okay Congrats! Ik this is a big accomplishment for you.

Me: It def is haha. We need to celebrate! but see this getting him to my bf wont be so hard after all.

Chloe: he's still a fuckboy.

me: nooo! he's not. nobody understands what we have.

Chloe: you're crazy haha.

The bus came and I went home.

I went into my room to find my 20 year old brother, Chris in there.

"Um excuse me? Why are you in here?" I asked him and dropped my bag on the floor.

"I don't know," Chris shrugged and laid down on my bed, "how was school?"

I smiled remembering my moments that I had with Chad. "It was great!" I exclaimed.

"Did you see that boy you like?" Chris asked and smirked. "Any classes?"

"Yeah I did. He smiled and waved at me and then later on we talked about me not replying to his message and he said he'll be seeing me. and no, i have no classes. just lunch," I answered him.