Chapter 3

Brooke's POV:

I went into my first period class because I was just so annoyed at my friends. They don't know Chad enough to judge him. I can't wait when I get with him, I can rub it in their faces.

A bunch of Chad's friends walk in, they are so annoying.

"Brooke!" one of them called out, actually, his name is Matt. Matt is actually Chad's cousin. I use to have the tiniest crush on him last year because he showed interest in me back, but all he wanted to do was fuck me, which is one reason why I cannot stand his soul.

I looked up at Matt to see him smiling at me. "What?" I asked and rolled my eyes. He came over and sat next to me.

"You're mad at me or something?" he smirked.

"Where's Chad?" I asked him, purposely ignoring his question.

"Damn you still like him?" he groaned.

"Yeah. Why do you care?" I asked him and raised an eyebrow.

"It's been so long, get over him already. Take it from me, he's my best friend and cousin. Move on," he laughed.

I rolled my eyes at him and that's when Chad walked into the room. He smiled and pointed at me.

Okay something you should know about me. I am the shyest girl you will ever meet especially when it comes to boys. Being surrounded by at least 6 guys, one I happen to have a crush on, is practically hell.

Chad made his way over to us. I stood there nervous as hell. My heart was pounding, throat was getting dry and I was sweating bullets.

"What's up, Matt?" Chad greeted Matt and they did that handshake that guys do.

"We were just talking about you," Matt told Chad.

Chad looked at me and smirked. "What were you guys saying?"

I stood there in silence.

"You're not gonna say hi to me, Brooke?" Chad teased me.

"H-hi," I stuttered and Matt started laughing.

"Bro, do you like her?" Matt asked Chad.

Why did he just ask that?! I mean I already knew that he didn't, but he never actually said it out loud right in front of me.

"Shut up!" I yelled at Matt.

"I don't know," Chad laughed.

Matt turned to me and laughed. "Told ya," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes and looked down at the ground.

"Leave her alone," Chad chuckled and sat on the other side of me. "You good?" he asked me.

I put my hands on my face and nodded. Ugh I was so embarrassed.

"You want a hug?" Chad asked. Before I could answer, Chad already put his arms around me and gave me a tight hug.

He let go of the hug and we both smiled at each other. "You're so cute," he chuckled and touched my chin. I started blushing real hard.

The bell rang and all the boys who weren't supposed to be in the class left.

"I'll see you later," Chad said and made his way out the door.

--
"I'm thinking about telling Chad how I really feel about him," I told Chloe.

"That's nice," she sighed, not really caring about what I just told her.

"Wait you're not going to stop me?" I asked, shocked. Normally she would give me a long lecture about this.

"Do what you want, Brooke. Just don't come crying to me when he rejects you," she paused, "which he's gonna,"

"I'm not expecting anything out of it. I just want him to know how I feel about him," I told her.

"He already knows you're obsessed with him," she muttered.

"I'm not obsessed with him," I defended myself, "I just feel like there is this unexplainable connection between us. He's the one, I feel it, Chloe,"

"Is that why he's kissing some girl right now?" Chloe asked.

"What are you talking about?" I turned to her and raised an eyebrow. She pointed across the street to where Chad was practically swallowing a girl. I felt my heart drop.

"I'm going to wait for you to make up an excuse for that," she said, as if she's so happy that my heart is breaking right now.

I opened my mouth to say something, but no words can come out.

"I'm just gonna go home," I whispered.

"Okay," Chloe nodded, "call me if you need anything,"

I nodded and walked off. I went inside my house to find Chris and his best friend on the couch. I ran upstairs to my bedroom.

"You okay?" Chris called out from downstairs.

I sat by mirror just looking at myself. Why aren't I good enough for him?

Chris came in my room and kneeled down next to me. "Everything okay?" he asked me.

I nodded my head yes and looked down at the ground.

"Who am I beating up?" Chris asked and lifted up my chin.

"Why doesn't he like me?" I cried. Chris sighed and pulled me into a hug. I haven't hugged him like that in like 5 years.

"Shh, don't cry," he tried to comfort me. "Sometimes in life you're going to like someone, and they don't feel the same way. I know it hurts, but that's how you grow,"

"I know, but I like him so much," I sobbed, "every day I always try to look good for him and impress him and for him to notice me but he never does, and I always try to talk to him but he makes it seem like he doesn't want to speak to me,"

"Then he doesn't know what he's missing. If he actually took the time to know you then he would know that you're beautiful, funny, and the most caring person ever. It's his loss because he is missing out on a great person," he told me.

"If its his loss, then why am the one hurting?" I asked.