XIX

It was going to be my last day in New York and I was going to have to leave Keith again. Even though I hated to leave him, I know our friendship will remain and he wants what's best for me. I would stay but it wouldn't be healthy for our friendship.

"I packed all of your stuff out of the bathroom. I have to ask, do you women sometimes use your tampons as like a dildo?" he asked laughing.

"No crazy!" I said bursting into laughter.

"I'm going to miss you Jazmine. But don't let this be another 6 years. I might come and visit." he said hugging me.

"I'm going to miss you too, and I won't.... I'll look out for you since you said that." I said.

"Well I have to head out, early start at work this morning." he said grabbing his things.

"Ok." I said as he pecked my lips.

"I love you girl,"he said walking to the door. "And hey, Odell likes you.... you just need to find it in there to see there are men like me still left. Take it easy." and he walked out closing the door behind him.

That really made my stomach upset and the only thing I could hear in my mind was Keith's words over and over. Keith has always been one of the people who could get through to me when we talked. He was always looking out for me.... He knows I'm not ready for a relationship right now... and we would never want to put our friendship on the line.

I got my bags and my security got them and carried my things to the car waiting on me outside. I got a call on my phone and when I looked at it, it was my brother.

MARCUS: Hey, you haven't left yet have you?

ME: No, just put all my bags in my car.

MARCUS: Head to Chipotle so I can buy you something to eat before you go.

ME: Ok.

When I got there an ordered my food I went and sat down by my bother.

"My baby sister looking fine in this red." he said standing up and hugging me.

" he said standing up and hugging me

(Marcus in the picture)

"Jazmine I want the best for you. Whatever you may decide, I'm still entitled to have an opinion because I'm your big brother. From a man's stand point if he doesn't fight for you like me or dad would and argue with you to show you he cares he simply doesn't want you." Marcus said.

"So what are you saying?" I scoffed.

"Odell likes you. This dude even found a way to contact me and we talked.... Y'all have sex?"

"No Marcus! Why would you ask that!" I said laughing.

"You've got him sprung.... He really likes you."

"It sounds like you and Keith have ben doing a little too much talking about me and Odell." I said sipping on my drink.

"We're only looking out for you.... Keith loves you enough to tell you." Marcus said.

"Well no need to tell me.... I'm going to go back to Atlanta and I'll be fine. I'll lose the weight or whatever I have to do. But I want a man that I don't have to worry about him kissing another woman at my show. And if he does cheat at least I won't catch him."

"You say the most silly, dumbest shit ever sometimes. All because a few men hurt you."

"Marcus you don't know what you're talking about, just drop it."

"Drop what! Jazmine this world doesn't center around you. I know you sometimes have a problem with men and your weight but life happens. We've all been through some shit man, I know I always teased you when we were younger to toughen you up, but sometimes you're too damn tough for your own good."

"I said drop it!"

"Drop what! I'm your damn brother and you want me to drop this and I'm trying to tell you this might be the man of you dream. Act like no one's gotten hurt before."

"You weren't getting you ass beat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! You weren't getting punched in the face by a man who claimed he loved you! Getting called all types of fat, disgusting bitches. You want to know why I'm so secretive and so tough and so cold hearted? Well that's the fucking tea Marcus. Go and tell mama and dad that. You think I don't know the world doesn't revolve around me? I just needed to feel loved, that's why I tolerated Kevin. You don't even know half of the shit I was going through 5 years ago." I said standing up.

"Jazmine. Jazmine. Damn I didn't know.... You tell me everything.. why not this?"

"Because I didn't want anyone to think I was too weak to leave.... I didn't want you seeing me with bruises all over. I just...." I stopped in the middle of my sentence to breath because I refused to cry.

"Come here."he said still sitting down. I walked over to him and and laid my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly the same way he did when I was little. "Let it out.... I know you aren't weak, just cry and let it out."

It's like I needed permission to cry.... When he said that I just started balling on his shoulder. "I didn't want y'all worried about me.... I started to-to feel like I deserve everything James was doing to me, I felt so worthless."

"You should have called me Jazmine. Damn man." Marcus said, words cracking from crying.

****

"You call me as soon as you land home, I love you." Marcus said hugging me.

"I will. I love you too.

Marcus opened the door to my car, I got in and he closed it behind me.
________________________
Likes and 3 comments for an update! Thank you for reading!