Path Three

okay, so that's it, don't allow me to go look at fan art anymore. I am getting too pumped up at some of the things I see. This for example:

You realized that the path you had chosen had lead you back to Leam

You realized that the path you had chosen had lead you back to Leam. It was strange how it lead you back there, because you felt like you just made some giant circle or something. You even recognized the town you were in as one of the towns Titus had given you a tour of during your stay in Leam. You knew that this town was close to the capital city, so you had some hope that you could get there before Barakat caught up to you. You were navigating through the town, trying to remember which street lead where when you decided to check behind you. You had lost Barakat and his men a day or so ago, but you weren't sure how close they had gotten to you since then. You weren't able to see them yet, so you felt a sense of relief knowing they weren't directly on your tail, yet you didn't slow your pace, worried that the gap would shorten if you did so.

--Mini Time Skip--

It took you a day, running day and night, to reach the capital of the Leam Empire. Within that day, your pace had slown down, due to your lack of rest, food, and water. During that time, Barakat and his men had made up lots of ground. So much, that you could see them behind you. You were starting to worry, because you were losing energy fast, and if you didn't get any rest or help soon, you would definetly get caught. Even so, you kept running, using your remaining energy to try and get near to Titus's home. You knew that you wouldn't make it there, but you still wanted to try, and you hoped that maybe Titus had decided to take a walk today. To your disappointment, you knew that he wouldn't seeing as he had usually been to busy to do so. The only time he really went out on walks was for business. You were losing hope fast, but even though everything in your body was screaming at you to stop and give up, you kept going.

I did not get this far just to give up and be captured. After all the people I met gave me hope and helped me out so much, it would be rude to not keep trying, to not keep trying until I physically could not move! I will keep running and keep escaping as long as my legs will still move. I encouraged myself, remembering all the things everybody had done for me. Giving up isn't an option for me right now. Giving up to these men only means my freedom's death. I won't give up as long as I live.

It seems that some god must have heard my inner thoughts and had been touched by it; Either that, or they took pity on me, because I saw a group of familiar red colored hair. All the hope that I had lost came rushing back as I felt a surge of adrenaline, and ran towards the group. One of the Fanalis must have seen me coming, because I saw their lips move, and their hand gesture in my direction. The leader of the group turned around, and I was filled with relief when I realized that my guess was right. It was in fact Muu Alexius who turned around. His eyes widened as he saw me run at him and wrap my arms around him. I started to cry, feelings of relief and terror rushing trough me. It was then that my leg gave out, the small burst of adrenaline gone. Muu luckily caught me, and looked down at my limp figure, concern in his voice.