The boy in the dark.

The screaming voices continued to circle round her head. Confusion and anger fizzled round in her brain. A single tear ran down Ashley's cheek. Rubens face was meters away, hatred danced in his eyes. He carried on yelling, his hand tightened round her wrist, making a recent cut sting like crazy! Ashley pulled away, that was the wrong thing to do.A heavy fist pounded against her face again and again. crimson blood began to ooze from her nose and lip.

"I hate you I hate you so much!" she screeched at the top of her lungs.

"well its tuff you're mine now" he whisperd harshly.

He pushed her to the ground, there was a nasty cracking sound as a horrible shooting pain ran through Ashley's arm.

"you're a pathetic little bitch!" with that, he spat on her and stormed out of the house and the strong smell of alcohol disappeared soon after.

Ashley stayed cowering in the corner of the kitchen floor. she grabbed the sharpest knife she could find from the draw. The blade sliced through her skin once again, she pressed down harder this time,harder than ever before.

1

2

5

9

13

18

27

27 new cuts, the blood ran down her hand, she was left in deep thought. Why was Ruben like this? What had she done to make him hit her once again? The thoughts continued to crawl through her mind. Then everything was black a pool of blood had formed on the floor. Ashley tried opening her eyes. There was a boy a boy in the darkness...

The smell of a hospital, beeping machinery, a doctor with a false smile and eyes Ashley couldn't trust was what she woke up to. What the heck had happened? A boy in the dark was all she could remember. Her big green eyes looked around for a clue. Her arms were bandaged and stiched up then she rememberd.

She thought this time, this nightmare what was called life would be over. How had she ended up in the hospital? who had found her? The boy in the dark. It must of being him that saved me, she thought. The doctor began to talk Ashley was drowsy and she didn't here anything he said. Her eyes began to shut again his voice got quieter and quieter until it was just a muffled noise in the back of an empty mind.

There was a loud smack. Ashley's lifeless body had hit the floor after rolling off the hospital bed. wires and drips that had been attached to her were ripped from her skin. A nurse ran over to help her back in to the over cleansed bed she reatached the wires and the drip. Ashley was now wide awake. The doctor from before took this to his advantage. He asked many questions and filled in a document but Ashley only had one question for him though.

"who brought me here?" she asked in a weak voice.

He looked at the nurse with a worried expression. The nurse had short blonde hair, that had clearly being dyed and warming eyes but you couldn't quite tell what colour they were. She was folding sheets for the bed opposite then made her way over.

"You was found laying outside of the hospital on the pavement no-one was there, except a shadow of a boy in the dark"